Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non paying buyers

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Non paying buyers

Has anyone else noticed a lot more non paying buyers lately on Ebid?

I sell a slow but steady number of Keyrings and Magnets each month and as most buyers have a rating of 0 I am assuming they find the link on Google shopping and join up directly from there.
    Although I have noticed in the past 3 or 4 weeks that there are more and more non paying buyers. I think 6 of my last 8 buyers have not paid despite several reminders and polite emails, in fact not one has even replied to any message.

My guess is that they join, buy an item and then forget about it or realise they no longer want to join Ebid just to make one purchase.

Has anyone else noticed this trend recently, it is becoming really annoying!

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not to be a smiley faced Pollyanna, but I have the opposite opinion. Most of my buyers are zero feedback newbies and almost all of them have paid. I am guessing they first went to eBoy to look and didn't find what they wanted, at the price they wanted to pay, and then Googled and found eBid. They were so happy to find their item that they paid promptly (and received it promptly!).

I'm sorry you are faced with nonpayers. I try not to let them annoy me and simply handle them unemotionally. It is very rude to ignore your messages of course. Who knows the reasons for this? Sloppiness on their part, true tragedies in their lives, or buyer's remorse. Anyway, you keep good records and know what's going on at your end.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just had to neg a buyer 8 times for not paying the 8 items purchased (no contact, no response, no nothing). Needless to say, they have a strike through their name now. I really feel so uncomfortable doing this but at the same time, those 8 items could have still been listed and sold to other, more reliable members instead of being out of the system for 3 weeks.This is one of several NPBs I've had this past year.

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just thought it was a bit strange as have had no problems at all until recently. I thought I'd check if anyone else has had the same problems. I know it doesn't help that I sell such low cost items. I think most newcomers just can't be bothered to go through the registration process for the sake of £1.99.

It's not a huge annoyance as I have set up my own website since I opened my shop on Ebid, but I would love to get more sales through Ebid as I think it is the best place online to have an easy to maintain store.
    It does baffle me though why more people don't give Ebid a try, I probably promote Ebid 50 times more than my other means of selling (Website, other auction site and offline) yet my Ebid sales are still a long way behind the rest

Cant recall my last NPB, think well over a year, since i dropped pppay havant had one.

Much as I'm enjoying Ebid, I'm finding the same thing, especially in the last few weeks.
    Auction and Buy Now listings.
    And it's for products that are a range of prices.
    Maybe it's because people don't understand that once they've bought or bid, they have an obligation to pay?
    Very annoying!

Andy

Not had that problem for over 6 months.... if not longer - most are Newbies who pay immediately without even waiting for an invoice...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

I've got 19 that are about to be NPB's. however I tend to look at the positives, I've had 210 payees in 40 days

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I've got 19 that are about to be NPB's. however I tend to look at the positives, I've had 210 payees in 40 days

That does seem high, about 8%? I get one every few months and have not noticed any increases lately. But a majority of my sales are now to regular buyers who come back often to add to their collections. Less risk of non pay. I get new buyers maybe one or two a day, but have pretty good luck with them. Most pay right away. Probably the vintage linen group is more dependable than those who buy electronics or whatever.

I bought some leather ipod covers once and never had so much trouble with buyers when I listed them on feebay. Buys but changed minds, buys but did not pay, shipped but never received. Like they were cursed! It does depend on what crowd your items attract. Popular items do get more sales, but I bet the tradeoff is more trouble with the sales?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

School holidays? Often sees a rise in time wasters on auction sites.

Thread Information