Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A seller from that other website did this ... what do you think?

Default A seller from that other website did this ... what do you think?

Back in June I sent an inquiry to an eBid seller about a product. The seller was a fellow Canadian with a nice store set up. She answered my questions. I asked a few more questions. She wrote back that she would get the information that I requested to me "asap".

I never heard back from her. Made me feel a little sad. I really want to buy here and support the sellers here where I can.

Went to the dark side.

Wrote to a US seller and she emailed me a brochure of the information right away. I purchased from her.

Yesterday I got a friend request from her on Facebook.

Hmmm.

I'm a newbie to Facebook but I think I'm just starting to get the hang of a few things.

What do you think about this? Would you (or do you) look for customers on Facebook and try to 'friend' them?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had "friend requests" from facebook,neither of my friends sent them.I've heard rumours that facebook harvest email addresses from contact lists.

Sorry,I'll rephrase that...."that some people use facebook to harvest"...
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 17th August 2010 at 05:18 PM.

I have had many sales through facebook.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I suppose they could be using their head, as no one seems to feel secure over there, so maybe they would feel safer having an easy contact method if anything goes wrong with their account. There is a lot of sellers trying to be none dependent on them
    They may also have other options for you, where you can buy your products cheaper, and be open to suggestions if you prefer somewhere else like ebid.
    They may just want the opportunity to advertise their new ranges, in a format that you are likely to read and have access to the things you are interested in, so they can use it as free research.
    There is all likely hood that if you are interested in their products then your friends may be interested so they get access to them through you.

I am not sure if there is an issue for a buyer in linking, other than possible spam on your wall, unless they were buying things they did not want others to know about, (Birthday Gifts for example before the minds start.) LOL

My reaction was that I thought that this was a good strategy on her part. She was friendly, helpful, and efficient. Obviously goes the extra mile and I would probably buy from her again if I can't find a seller in our town. I think that I will add her to my friends list so that I can keep track of her easily if I do want to buy more of the product on-line.

Thread Information