eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: get your own website -FREE- and link it to ebid

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post

Byethost is still the best free hosting I have seen, if you find better, let me know.
    Dont know if it's better, not having used Byehost, but my recommendation is http://110mb.com

Free and easy to build websites, suitable for my needs, you can pay for certain technical upgrades if you need them.

Here's mine: [still under construction, but I guess it always will be ]
    http://malice-in-sunderland.110mb.com
    Last edited by wolfsheadbooks; 10th May 2010 at 09:37 AM.

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just checked it and wouldn't go there. It has less space, no FTP access, no .htaccess, no mysql (Imporatant if you want to upgrade to a shop), but most importantly no 'php send mail' which means you will have to put your email address (encouraging spam) into your site instead of creating a contact form.

Byethost has all the above, a sitebuilder with 11 pages of templates + 500mb of space. Byethost also has a contact form module which is foolproof in set up.

Quote Originally Posted by cathyscraftybits View Post
    Hi I have one, www.cathysuniquedesigns.co.uk
    Still working on it but its set up with a link to ebid and my shops. It was very easy to set up. Its free for two years then if you want to keep the name BT will bill you. Not bad to give a try and get your links out there. Have a look at mine check out the links and see for yourselves. If I can do it you can.

nice website, i think paypal are doing a good deal on web sites, you can get a .com website for £10 a year not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderdoors View Post
    Just been browsing through Google and found this site, it offers a FREE website, with a dot co uk or dot com domain name, site templates, etc all for nothing,
    Its called Getting British Business online and I am sure it could be used by many to promote their ebid stores and ebid itself.
    Worth a look for anyone wanting a little more exposure.

Getting British Business Online

I went to GBBO, registered my domain which created a website in google sites for me. I then went into google sites and accidentally deleted it. Accidentially? you may ask. Yes .. because I had already set up dummy sites in google which i didn't want now and so i went delete happpy and kicked the wrong one out. now I can't find out how to get gbbo to set it up again. Any suggestions anybody?? HELP !!!!!1

Thread Information