Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay or ebid ?

Forum Newbie
    View martnbev's Feedback (+1644)
    All-About martnbev
    View martnbev's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face ebay or ebid ?

Hi, we have been with ebay for around 10yrs now and have had lots of auction sales with good results ... BUT ... the final value percentage fee is now 10% of any sale ..wow.. no profit now and ebay fees have rocketed, ... SO ... have come to ebid and became a lifetime member for £49.99 a few weeks ago ... but cant seem to sell anything at all .. does anyone buy anything on here .. what are we doing wrong ? ... we really want to make this work as want to make a better life on ebid and hopefully make money, ... any ideas as to getting good sales on here, ... we only sell used and collectable stuff

any info much appreciated
    martin & Bev

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see only one item for sale. Does that mean you have sold all your stock?
    Have you read any of the suggestions that are easily available here from a number of Forum Saints?
    Putting a signature on your postings will draw lookers straight to your stores.
    Good Luck

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Are you selling internationally? You have only one listing running, but I can't bring it up. Can't offer much help, because I don't know what you're selling (no information on your All About the Seller page), and I can't see anything. Obviously, a good start would be to add a large numbers of items.

I do note that you've only been here a couple of weeks. It takes a while longer here on eBid, patience is required.

Run Till Sold means your item will never reach the top of a search - check out the information from Kim and Astral - lots of interesting help available...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pricing? Do Sgt Peppers LP's really sell for £55? Just wondered because I've got a mint one sitting in my record cabinet.

there are 24,197 LP & Albums listed... you have one album listed therefore you have 24,196 albums in competition with you... in short the more you list the more chance you have of a sale...

plus there is nothing on your about me page... which does not inspire people to buy from you...

and you do not have a gallery photo so that is another reason... most people wont bother to open a listing without a gallery photo
    Last edited by somersethedge; 5th May 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Pricing? Do Sgt Peppers LP's really sell for £55? Just wondered because I've got a mint one sitting in my record cabinet.
    Yep, if it's an original 1967....and not a later re-press

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Yep, if it's an original 1967....and not a later re-press

Yvonne x
    I shall go and check it out!

Forum Newbie
    View truebrit22's Feedback (+454)
    All-About truebrit22
    View truebrit22's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martnbev View Post
    Hi, we have been with ebay for around 10yrs now and have had lots of auction sales with good results ... BUT ... the final value percentage fee is now 10% of any sale ..wow.. no profit now and ebay fees have rocketed, ... SO ... have come to ebid and became a lifetime member for £49.99 a few weeks ago ... but cant seem to sell anything at all .. does anyone buy anything on here .. what are we doing wrong ? ... we really want to make this work as want to make a better life on ebid and hopefully make money, ... any ideas as to getting good sales on here, ... we only sell used and collectable stuff

any info much appreciated
    martin & Bev
    I fully agree with your comments regarding Fleabay . I have just started listing on eBID after 11 years on Fleabay and it does seem to be slow but there are lots of helpful people out there and given time I think we can make it. Others do, see their feedback scores! My suggestion is keep a few items going on Fleabay and make sure that ,when you sell ,the customer gets a little reminder, with the goods, that you have an eBID site

Forum Lurker
    Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View happyhammers2010's Feedback (+76)
    All-About happyhammers2010
    View happyhammers2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also agree, I have had listings on for about 3 weeks now and so far no sales, If anyone can be of help i would appreciate it . I need to sell and dont want to use fleabay as the fees mean so little profit. Quite honestly id rather give them away than add to fleabays profits. I am going to have a go with the charity auctions as someone suggested that that may be a way to kick start sales and hopefully things will take off soon. Summer is always a bad time for my business as people dont really think about replacing their dinner service during that time its the run up to Christmas that sales take off so im hoping that that is why my sales arent happenning now. For now im going to carry on listing (i still have loads to list)
    The forums are really helpful and I enjoy reading them so thanks everyone for your help its nice to know that there are so many friendly people out there who want to help others

Thread Information