Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Facebook

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Facebook

We're going to be publicising our Facebook page in the coming weeks. Let us know any ideas you might have to help us make the page interesting. We want it to be a long term project and not just for the sake of it. We see so many pages that are added to for a while and then then just forgotten about.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

How exciting...I'll be bookmarking this thread for updated info...!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

wonderful news. There are quite a few ebid facebook pages around, it would be smashing if you could add a link here to the official one, Gaz, Thanks

That is great news. Looking forward to it. We have a biz page on facebook and have revamp'd our store and our sites to help promote us here on ebid....sounds like all good stuff!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We're going to be publicising our Facebook page in the coming weeks. Let us know any ideas you might have to help us make the page interesting. We want it to be a long term project and not just for the sake of it. We see so many pages that are added to for a while and then then just forgotten about.

Thx,
    Gazza
    Great, I can't wait to join.

For starters I would like to see the monthly YDC Charity Auctions mentioned, we need a lot of exposure/help in that department.

How about doing a paragraph about a strong seller every so often? Maybe about how they found ebid, what they sell here, something like that. There's enough sellers here to give you new material quite often. Maybe when a seller reaches a certain positive feedback level. I'm sure you can think of something.

By the time you do that and plug the YDC, that should give you a good start. If you play Farmville, I'll be your neighbor - LOL!
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 11th June 2010 at 04:20 AM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Aren't you sorry you asked? You could also feature some ads for for instance skis for sale after the first snowfall, or recently released of popular movie DVD's. Ok I'll shut up now.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

I'd love to see eBid have a facebook page! You could maybe put a shopping tab in which the items link back to eBid and use it to showcase some featured listings?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Thx,
    Gazza
    Gazza & Mark, I'm really pleased that eBid will be having their own facebook page soon, are are making it a serious long term project.

The BIG problem I see, & that goes for your Twitter account too, is that when we the users really need the information, for example the site/forums are offline, you are too busy working on the site / the problem to post about it.

I really think, & have done for some time that you need to employ somebody, even if it's only on a part-time basis, to deal with the publicising & general communication, of the site. I don't mean the suggestions, technical, & glitches part, just the more general stuff.

Things like press releases & announcements for site updates, including, but not restricted to, forums like Pheebay & PSU, yes I know many of us do our bit & have done so for some time, but we cannot answer any queries in any sort of official capacity.

If you look at how many of the charities, for instance, use the social networking sites,
    I'll use as an example Dogs Trust, as they are dear to my heart. They use YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, My Space, Bebo, Flickr that I know of.

If you search Digg for eBid, you find Diggs posted by users, if you search Technorati results for eBid or eBid.net results are zero.

eBid really should have an official blog.

It should have regular press releases.

Over the last few years, a number of us have put forward ideas, that are in most cases simple to implement, but can have a huge impact on viral marketing, although you have always thanked us for the ideas, as yet none have come to fruition, not I believe through lack of willingness on your part but purely because you lack the time to spend on it.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 13th June 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyCupcakeJewels View Post
    I'd love to see eBid have a facebook page! You could maybe put a shopping tab in which the items link back to eBid and use it to showcase some featured listings?

I think this is an excellent idea, as is Jewel's idea for the YDC. You could also promote a BuddyPoints special offer for a high-ticket item every so often (laptop/camera/etc) And a Silly Season, featuring the most unusual/fun item listed on Ebid.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Thread Information