eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regular customer won't come over!

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    it is because of the buyer protection of paypal (Sure, I trust in you but Great Britain is far awayJ) and the easy currency exchange
    I fear this is the biggest reason. Although business sellers have to abide by Trading Standards in the UK, they are hardly likely to be as ruthless as Paypal when dealing with rogue sellers.

On Greedbay I would always send the item tracked and insured so the only thing that the seller had to worry about was the description, which is why I take lots of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    I have a regular good customer who has just bought from me (not here) & spent £80 on skincare.

Have already given her all the information about my eBid store so I asked her why she she would mind telling me why sh has decided to stay with feebay - this is her reply

Dear Irene,

it is because of the buyer protection of paypal (Sure, I trust in you but Great Britain is far awayJ) and the easy currency exchange

Regards
    x x x x x

Not a lot I could reply to that
    Yes you could. Point out that she is talking about 3 separate protection plans, not one. PP's, feebay's and ebid's. PP's job is to get money back, and feebay/ebid's to punish the seller (suspend account, etc).

PP covers anyone anywhere that buys via PP. ebid covers only ebid buyers, and feebay covers only feebay buyers.

So no matter where she buys she has double protection (because, note, she has to file w/ PP AND with feebay or ebid is something goes wrong).

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    PP covers anyone anywhere that buys via PP. ebid covers only ebid buyers, and feebay covers only feebay buyers.
    I checked the Paypal off Greedbay seller protection, it is very limited.

From the Paypal site:

'You bought your item on a merchant's website and not on eBay?

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy applies to items that are not received and which are purchased on a merchant's website and not on Greedbay. Claims regarding the quality of goods received are not applicable.

While PayPal may decide the claim in the buyer's favour, recovery is not guaranteed and may be limited only to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller's account.'

On Greedbay Paypal will rip the money from your bank account if the item isn't delivered or is significantly not as described, off Greedbay it's not the case.

I have suggested (through a support ticket) a protection shield which is registered with Trading Standards for those with Seller+ accounts.

Those signing up to the scheme (voluntarily) will have a certain amount of positive feedback (even from Greedbay) and will be kicked and IP blocked if breaking the customer service rules.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had similar situations in the past and managed to turn it to my advantage.

I explained that if they can trust me on Ebay as a good person and good seller they can trust me on Ebid, because I am still me.

I put my prices on Ebay up, and reduced the prices on Ebid, and let buyers compare the two - Nothing hidden. The choice was theirs where they bought from. They could choose to pay the higher price for the percived better protection, or the lower price and still be offered my own personal assurance.

Either way was a win/win situation.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

My prices are already lower on eBid and this is a repeat customer who obviously feels safer on the bay. Always send everything recorded & International Signed deliveries to protect myself from INR.

Not much I can do really, I have had a few 'come over' & buy here so at least that is something
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

That has to be one of the cleverest things any business has done, was when they bought Paypal.

It is now so much a household name, that I can't see any other on line payment system taking it's place.

Can't see why the banks couldn't see a future in such an enterprise.

It was a marriage make in heaven ~ and most people link the two. So you buy on one and pay on the other.

Simples~ but not good news for other sites.

We need something different to get them here.

Don't ask me what~ all I know is that prices aren't really doing it.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Don't ask me what~ all I know is that prices aren't really doing it

Doesn't seem so at times, I have tried everything I can do & gotta just sit tight now. Run out of ideas for promoting

Agree about the marriage thing - brilliant idea.
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Best thing is that over there, the high street prices, even with reductions are not what a lot of people are looking for.

The great British public are bargain hunters at heart~ hence the bootsales, fairs, and markets. OK~ some of those have slumped, but still going, and now getting stronger.

Once "over there" is just a big fat buy it new catalogue, people will loose interest~ you want to browse a catalogue, take home an argos or littlewoods one.

And also we hate change, so are a bit stuck in a rut, and can't be bothered to start all over again learning a new site. So we need a simple site, that isn't a hassle to newbies.

We should of grabbed that meercat when we could of~

Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    I checked the Paypal off Greedbay seller protection, it is very limited.

From the Paypal site:

'You bought your item on a merchant's website and not on eBay?

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy applies to items that are not received and which are purchased on a merchant's website and not on Greedbay. Claims regarding the quality of goods received are not applicable.

While PayPal may decide the claim in the buyer's favour, recovery is not guaranteed and may be limited only to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller's account.'

On Greedbay Paypal will rip the money from your bank account if the item isn't delivered or is significantly not as described, off Greedbay it's not the case.

I have suggested (through a support ticket) a protection shield which is registered with Trading Standards for those with Seller+ accounts.

Those signing up to the scheme (voluntarily) will have a certain amount of positive feedback (even from Greedbay) and will be kicked and IP blocked if breaking the customer service rules.

Agree. Can't forget PP is a feebay company. Complicated "but" rules apply all the time. Probably is supposed to work best in tandum w/ feebay's plans to provide "full protection" for buyers. Others get bits and pieces.

Now they only make a change if forced too. Like complying with UK rules. They are used to skirting the rules in US. Our consumer protection is largely state based, with different protections in each individual state. Awkward system to work thru when dealing with company in another state like PP or feebay.

Quote Originally Posted by XCESSBAGGAGE View Post
    That has to be one of the cleverest things any business has done, was when they bought Paypal.

It is now so much a household name, that I can't see any other on line payment system taking it's place.

Can't see why the banks couldn't see a future in such an enterprise.

It was a marriage make in heaven ~ and most people link the two. So you buy on one and pay on the other.

Simples~ but not good news for other sites.

We need something different to get them here.

Don't ask me what~ all I know is that prices aren't really doing it.
    Agree. and now PP is the one holding feebay up. Feebay profits down, PP's are up. That was a very smart move. Made at a time when feebay was thinking straight.

Lots of time, trouble and money to build a rival to PP. I think key is to force PP to give everyone protection. Right now they are discriminating against some people by offering differing plans. Once someone calls them on it, sues, whatever, then they will have to offer everyone a good deal.

Thread Information