43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vonz

17 39.53%
  • Raindropsies

22 51.16%
  • Craig7501

4 9.30%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to take over the YDC?

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    This sounds like a good idea but would we each have to be on twitter to make it work?
    No, not in reality.

I have 14 followers at the moment (well when I last checked today)

If those 14 have an average of 5 followers and re tweet (just 1 click) then that gets it shown to to 70 accounts, then those 70 could re tweet etc and follow people they not following.

It's just a way of getting more people to see YDC auctions. I would obviously gain the sellers permission to use their picture and in return I would link direct to their auction/s for the YDC listing.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Evening Peeps

(and i've got me bestest business planning hat on here )

I don't think it really matters who eventually "runs with the baton" as long as the overall winner is YDC.
    I've been taking part more or less since the day I joined eBid, but like everyone else sometimes "things" just get in the way, and my listing (& bidding ) have to take second place.

So, in a nutshell (and in order to prevent burnout etc. ) I vote for a jobshare. That way, in times of crisis....(& this is life - there will be some!) there's always someone around to temporarily fill the gap.

Over to you folks

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Evening Peeps

(and i've got me bestest business planning hat on here )

I don't think it really matters who eventually "runs with the baton" as long as the overall winner is YDC.
    I've been taking part more or less since the day I joined eBid, but like everyone else sometimes "things" just get in the way, and my listing (& bidding ) have to take second place.

So, in a nutshell (and in order to prevent burnout etc. ) I vote for a jobshare. That way, in times of crisis....(& this is life - there will be some!) there's always someone around to temporarily fill the gap.

Over to you folks

Yvonne x
    I agree that job sharing could work and be better in times of crisis. But (why is there always a but when you don't want one) I think a job share of 2 people should be the limit, I think it would be more efficient than sharing between 3-4+

If you haven't voted for who you want to take over the YDC - now's your chance.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sarah, i voted for you, and don't let the YDC devide (by country) any more. YDC is not an eBid thing, but it is put on, and backed, by eBid people. I don't like the dividing of eBid people, as can be reflected by my involvement in YDC.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harold69 View Post
    Sarah, i voted for you, and don't let the YDC devide (by country) any more. YDC is not an eBid thing, but it is put on, and backed, by eBid people. I don't like the dividing of eBid people, as can be reflected by my involvement in YDC.
    As I recall the split was driven by US people wanting to have a US charity. Of course, they can anyway since the nominated charity is only a suggestion. I agree with you that it's a shame that this schism has formed. I much prefer to think of it as a global effort.

Quote Originally Posted by harold69 View Post
    Yes - absolutely - agreed. I mentioned this in another discussion recently here http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=136413
    ( page9) as it would appear that people in the USA are feeling excluded from the YDC - I don't know how that has arisen but it needs dealing with IMHO. I suggested one YDC because there is no problem with supporting different charities within that.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I'm from the USA and I don't feel excluded from the YDC or any other part of eBid. Speaking only for myself here, I don't see the need to maintain a separate USA YDC when any participant can raise money for a charity of their choosing, independent of the nominated one. People who wish to support charities on their home shores can list & bid accordingly. People who wish to participate, have fun and help someone in need regardless of where they call home, can also list & bid accordingly.

I think part of the reason some wanted a USA YDC was to try to increase USA participation in the YDC, and in doing so to raise more money for USA charities. Not being a proponent of the split, I can't really speak to that. I'm fairly new to eBid and I found the YDC on the Kitchen Table. It took me a couple months to join in because I didn't quite "get it," but I certainly wasn't put off by the small number of USA participants. The only influence a participants nationality has on my bidding is in terms of shipping cost, and of course whether the item is available to the US in the first place. If eBid would promote the YDC to members at large that could go farther toward raising more charity money, than making the YDC a mini UN ever would.

Not sure that setting the precedent of "one from the USA, one from the UK" is a positive change for the YDC, although perhaps having two to run it, is. Certainly the more important measures of those chosen would include enthusiasm, willingness, and compatibility? How does it improve the YDC to have two to run it? Further, how does it improve the YDC to have two from different countries running it? Is there a sense that each "team" should have a representative overseeing the YDC ? Then there should be three, perhaps with the Pied Piper standing up for Team France. To my mind, introducing such divisions into the YDC is more likely to fuel feelings of exclusion than simply having one YDC.

I've been off the forums for a couple weeks owing to some personal circumstances, and in catching up I see quite a few threads/comments along the lines of "where has the fun gone" and "why don't people get along anymore?" Getting along is a choice, an active participatory exercise. Anything that subdivides the YDC doesn't feel like "getting along" to me.

"You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Hey you is back -missed you
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information