eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Suggestion ..... addition for shops

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Suggestion ..... addition for shops

Hi

I don't know how possible this may be, but it would be great for each seperate shop to have a 'home page' facility (to utilise or not as the shop owner wishes). It really would look professional if a buyer went to a shop and it had a proper home page with a welcome message and a description of that particular shop. It would give everyone the chance to stamp their individuality on their shop.
    Also, when a category is made, it would be good to be able to write a brief description or note for each category. For example instead of writing on each item "Crested China was made originally by Goss and dates mainly from, and was designed for ..... etc etc" it could be placed to be seen at the top when a buyer clicks on the category for Crested China within a shop.
    Hope that made sense!!
    If these facilities were implemented, I believe the whole look of each individual shop, and therefore ebid would be greatly enhanced.
    I think ebid is the best auction site, and the ability to have an auction based shop that really looked like an ecommerce shop would be very attractive to prospective sellers and buyers.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I would second that. I have always thought the ability to add a couple of custom pages to each store you have would be very useful.

Seprate page for FAQ or RETURN Ploicy rather than everything being crammed on a ABOUT Seller page.

I know it might not get much backing from stores run by individuals but business owners would find it very useful.

Mike
    Top Brand Cosmetics and Fragrances at Low Prices
    More stock being added daily - Postage discounts on Multiple buys.
    http://meetup.ebid.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=767217&dateline=12697  15046
    http://shades-and-moods.ebid.net

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seprate page for FAQ or RETURN Ploicy rather than everything being crammed on a ABOUT Seller page.
    While I agree that it would be great to have secondary pages at our stores, think about the huge load it would put on eBids servers....ouch! I highly doubt this would be implemented...nice thought, though!

It would if it was image intensive but only text pages would be a small load differrence and no more than loading the About Seller page over and over.

So I would think it would be too much of an issue. Obviously the amount of pages should be limited per store and also the amount of info on a page so folks do not go over the top and abuse them.
    Top Brand Cosmetics and Fragrances at Low Prices
    More stock being added daily - Postage discounts on Multiple buys.
    http://meetup.ebid.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=767217&dateline=12697  15046
    http://shades-and-moods.ebid.net

I agree with to OP as at the moment when you go to any ones store there is a text that says About This Store, which is clickable to show more info, but how may users know that it is clickable as their is no indication, even 1 page at the start of each store where you can put about yourselves, postage, returns etc, yes i know you can enter this in the all about page but who reads them.

I would like to see this implemented (and we are not a business seller). We have five stores with very different items in each one, and the "All About the Seller" page just doesn't cut it. A simple example is that we can specify the exact additional shipping cost for multiple purchases in our stamp shop and our coin shop, but we can't do that in the others. I don't think buyers like to see a lot of verbiage in the item descriptions, and it's a bad idea anyway if postage rates go up (and we know they will) because then we have to individually change thousands of listings.

If we try to put this in the All About the Seller page, specifying the different process for each store, it's going to get so long and complicated that I doubt if anyone will read it anyway. If they do I have no doubt they'll read the information for one store and think it applies to another one. Our items range from less than one ounce to over 20 pounds, so there's no one-size-fits-all possiblity.

There's a notice that we can put up above ALL our stores. It would be perfect if we could have a separate notice like this for each shop (even if it meant dispensing with the global one). And text only, no graphics, would be quite adequate.

Thread Information