My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Extra photos disappear when reposting

Default Extra photos disappear when reposting

I just discovered that a listing I reposted on March 27 did NOT include the extra photo.

I wanted to search for it so I could put it back, and discovered it's no longer possible to search My Gallery. So, I retrieved it from my computer and added it to My Gallery and the listing. The title on the picture is 1221259667-7904-1, this should be on the two original pictures also. The eBid ID of the new listing is 26544971

It does seem this is a glitch somewhere in the reposting procedure. Your system thinks the photo is still there (we were charged for it on our March invoice), but it apparently isn't. None of our listings sit in the Unsold bucket for more than a few days, this photo should not have been deleted, but I assume that's what happened.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you give us any more details please?

How did you repost the item?
    Was the picture attempting to show but could not be located?
    When was the listing first posted, was it on auto repost?
    Do you have a closed version of the listing we can take a look at?
    Was it an "Extra Photo" eg. paid for or just one of your 5 free photos?

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

It was a closed auction that I reposted manually. We don't use the automatic relist anymore because of a problem we had with items disappearing when they closed. I write down the eBid numbers before they close so I can find them if it happens again and then repost manually. Of course it hasn't happened since I started using this procedure, Murphy's Law is still in force.

The picture was an "Extra Photo", paid for (including this month when it relisted). This was first listed over a year ago and has been reposted several times. The box at the bottom was checked, and there was a gallery picture listed, but it wasn't showing in the auction. That's why I first attempted to search for it, both pictures should have 1221259667-7904-1 as the title. Both would have been added to My Gallery at the same time.

I've changed it now by putting the second photo in as the second free picture.

I relisted it on March 27, and unfortunately by the time I noticed the missing picture, I had deleted the copy in our Unsold bucket.

I do have the email that eBid sent when this was reposted on March 27.

This is at the bottom

Extras? : 1 x Extra Image ($0.05 x 1 = $0.05)

If it would help, I can forward the email to you.

Thread Information