My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Sales Strategy Discussion

Good to see this thread back at the top - it is very interesting!

In fact - your new signature link was SO interesting you have a bid - on my behalf!!

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Thank you!

Seems I just can't keep anything listed long enough to research sales strategy. I'm glad I decided to list another kind of unique (to eBid) item. I'll see if I can get that to show up in a basic search.

Talking about what we're selling to people with similar interests is always helpful, don't you think? The more diverse the customer base, the better chance of sales success, so I'm not carrying all my eggs in one basket, so to speak.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent! Although I'd hardly call it a bidding war - there are only 2 bids. LOL

No advertising, just blogging and linking my sites and blogs back to eBid. It is showing on page one of Google shopping but only if I search for the actual wording I used in the title, so I need to work on improving my titles and the first line of my introductory description. Pity really, if this hadn't got any bids I was going to use it again before relisting. LOL
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

We are thinking quail! Have you kept those and what did you keep them in - housing wise?

OK - maybe it is what kimbo would describe as a "bidding skirmish!"

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    We are thinking quail! Have you kept those and what did you keep them in - housing wise?

OK - maybe it is what kimbo would describe as a "bidding skirmish!"
    Fame at last!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Kedo has an advantage in that he's cornering a niche market. Our book shop does similar, so sales have been OK there, but the question still remains - how best to ensure that what we offer for sale gets seen and sells. If it's from a declutter or if it's something that's commonly available, how do we get the word out to potential buyers that we have what they're looking for at the time?
    No, kedo has the advantage in that he's learned one or two tips and tricks that work really well. I don't exactly keep them to myself, I just gave up posting them because I got the posting equivalent of blank looks!

Plus my business adviser says I should sell my knowledge rather than give it away. I think she may be right, people would probably value it more!

Cheers Kedo. Your advice when i started out was a great help and will always be appreciated. Glad i took it all onboard otherwise it looks like i would now have a bill winging it's way towards me

My sales strategy for dealing with toys and collectables has always been to list obscure items or items which are not currently on eBid (I know i sound like broken record).

My aim is to also eventually return to some categories and bulk them out. For example i have 100's of spare He-Man and Thundercat items which all need a new home and are surplus from my own collections.

Hey i even managed to list an item yesterday which is so obscure that it appeared 2nd on a standard Google search.

Taking better quality pictures will also help to make your auctions stand out and will generally make ebid look more aesthetically appealing to potential customers. Again Kedo's images have a very professional touch and promoting them on flickr is a great idea.

I now put every effort into making my store look like one that i would want to buy from.

Thread Information