Thread: Contact Information

Forum Newbie
    View zaero's Feedback (+1439)
    All-About zaero
    View zaero's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Contact Information

The policy is:
    <<# All Q&A responses must be made within 24 hours of the original question. Unanswered questions will deem the seller and thus the auction to be inactive.

I travel quite a bit and can see where 24 hours may be difficult, it seems rather drastic to require this and I am puzzled by it.

<<# We do not allow the posting of contact details in the auction. By this we mean telephone numbers, email addresses or links/details pertaining to a third party ecommerce site.

This makes sense, but what about lifetime members who are exempt from fees anyway? On ebay I often publish my telephone number so people can ask technical questions about the product, (and no, I do not use this to do off-site sales). Perhaps they could re-think this.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

No. 1 is a rule I have never seen invoked. It has been questioned before and I think there was a response by admin once (but don't quote me) that as long as the seller was of general good standing then it wouldn't be enforced. They seem to retain it as a stick to beat sellers who regularly fail to perform - e.g. absentee sellers.

If you are going to be away for more than a couple of days you can set a Holiday Notice on your listings.

No. 2 is a rule they do enforce rigorously and do not seem willing to negotiate on. Some have refused to take no for an answer to their request for a change in policy but have not won. One person was kicked off the system for refusing to let the issue rest. So I don't think you have any chance with that one.

Forum Newbie
    View honeycs's Feedback (+1)
    All-About honeycs
    View honeycs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaero View Post
    the policy is:
    <<# all q&a responses must be made within 24 hours of the original question. Unanswered questions will deem the seller and thus the auction to be inactive.

I travel quite a bit and can see where 24 hours may be difficult, it seems rather drastic to require this and i am puzzled by it.

<<# we do not allow the posting of contact details in the auction. By this we mean telephone numbers, email addresses or links/details pertaining to a third party ecommerce site.

This makes sense, but what about lifetime members who are exempt from fees anyway? On ebay i often publish my telephone number so people can ask technical questions about the product, (and no, i do not use this to do off-site sales). Perhaps they could re-think this.

i also am puzzled with the 24 hours to answer a question or will deem seller and auction will be inactive....as i also am out of town at times for couple days a time, also in a rural area and internet has known to be down for a day or two, being new to ebid from ebay we will see how this affects my store to see if i stay at ebid or not. Other than that i am seeming to like the site. We will see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by honeycs View Post
    i also am puzzled with the 24 hours to answer a question or will deem seller and auction will be inactive....as i also am out of town at times for couple days a time, also in a rural area and internet has known to be down for a day or two, being new to ebid from ebay we will see how this affects my store to see if i stay at ebid or not. Other than that i am seeming to like the site. We will see!!!
    I would not worry about it. I, too, live in a rural area and internet has been down for a day or two. I have gone without answering a question for more than 24 hrs because of that reason. Also if you know you are going to be gone for an extended time, just put your store on holiday. Buyers will be able to see items, but not bid. It's a very nice feature.

Welcome to ebid.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be courteous, in my opinion, to state on your All About page, or possibly as boilerplate in your listings, that you are going to be unresponsive to questions, if you know ahead of time that you are going to be traveling. Seen from a buyer's point of view, it's annoying and offputting if a seller doesn't acknowledge a question.

Buyers have varying degrees of patience so you are taking a gamble by leaving them unattended.

Thread Information