eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Great Place

Forum Newbie
    View DCizzle's Feedback (+65)
    All-About DCizzle
    View DCizzle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Great Place

Hi everyone, I'm new and just wanted to say I love how easy it is to set up my auctions here. My favorite two things are setting up the stores and how great great great my pictures look here. They didn't look half that good on the other site I am moving from. I did a lot of checking around before I landed here and I am very pleased. Well I'm off to Mardi Gras! Have a great Valentines Day!!

Welcome to eBid! You're in good company.

It looks like you're off to a good start, but if you do have problems, be sure to come to the forums. The people here are very willing to help out.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DCizzle
    View DCizzle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks! I'm sure I will need it. Its nice to be somewhere that you are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DCizzle View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new and just wanted to say I love how easy it is to set up my auctions here. My favorite two things are setting up the stores and how great great great my pictures look here. They didn't look half that good on the other site I am moving from. I did a lot of checking around before I landed here and I am very pleased. Well I'm off to Mardi Gras! Have a great Valentines Day!!
    Hi and welcome to ebid. I am your neighbor to the north!

Looked at your stores and everything looks great. You moved in fast! My only suggestion is that you should also add buy it now option (about $1 higher than first bid) and chose 10 automatic relists. This puts your items on google within an hour and is where we get all our new customers. You would not want to miss out on that.

Buyers on ebi dcome from google searches, your old customers from feebay, ebid sellers/buyers, and any other marketing you chose to do (mailings, handing out flyers at shows, at a store, etc). All help but google is probably the main one that really brings people in!

Good luck on ebid.

Talking

welcome to eBid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DCizzle
    View DCizzle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks everyone and DeltaDelta I'm using your advice. Check back with me I'm hoping to be all moved in by March 31st. I'm traveling around a lot in the summer so I'll be passing out lots of fliers for all of us here at eBid. Just got back from Mardi Gras in St Louis so we will see if that helped any. I've been telling everyone how nice eBid people are. Its so refreshing and I didn't realize how stressed the other place had made me. I feel like a new person.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to Ebid.

Just a quick crit though - (Nothing major). With your shop banner pictures, and I struggled with this one to start with. You need to make sure that the image you use is exactly the right proportions, otherwise the image gets stretched and distorted.

If you can, crop your pictures, so they are the right shape, or maybe add suitable borders on, with thicker sides or something, to fool the system into thinking the picture si the right shape.

Other than that, everythign else looks really good.

I hope you do well here.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Newbie
    All-About DCizzle
    View DCizzle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks CrazyJay I'll try that. I didn't know what to do about the stretching. Makes them look kind of weird. Thought I'd have to live with it until I could get someone to help me.

Thread Information