My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Duplicate Listings

Smile Duplicate Listings

Hi, John here, (newbie) so maybe I need to look around the forums more closely BUT........................
    I recently had one of my listings deleted because it was duplicated, and duplicating is not allowed. So why is it that I go onto the Tickets & Travel site and find listings duplicated . Yet they are still allowed to operate both listings, why are they allowed and I am not ?

Regards.................John

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you see a listing that is breaking eBid's rules, report it, and help keep the site clean. Not everything is picked up by the automatic routines, especially stuff that's been there a while.

Don't hold your breath. I've reported many duplicate auctions and they're all still there. It seems sellers with a huge number of listings gets special treatment. Especially if it doubles them from 7,000 to 14,000 because each one is listed twice.

I wonder if this is going to get pulled.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I've reported many duplicate auctions and they're all still there. It seems sellers with a huge number of listings gets special treatment. Especially if it doubles them from 7,000 to 14,000 because each one is listed twice.

I wonder if this is going to get pulled.
    Every listing I've reported directly has been removed. What doesn't work, in my experience, is saying "and everything else they've got on is wrong too". It seems to only be the single item reported that gets any action. Which is why so many of us keep asking for a "report seller" function for habitual offenders. But if we do nothing, failure is guaranteed.

When I reported duplicate listings, all I have ever done is check the box for Multiple Listings of the Same Item. I do report all of the offending auctions individually, assuming that will make it easier for the police to see that it's true. I stopped bothering because none of them were ever removed.

Thread Information