Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just came here

Quote Originally Posted by greathomegifts View Post
    I've put up a few auctions and noticed my views will go down, can anyone tell me why that happens? Also, I'm not getting many views overall yet. Would this be because Im new or if anyone will look at my listings and tell me if I've done something wrong I would be very grateful. Thanks and have a great day!
    A similar thing happened with my auctions before, I'd had views then the counters went back to zero! A few people have said the view counters don't really work properly so it seems there are often glitches with them.
    See my YDC auctions here

I've put up a few auctions and noticed my views will go down, can anyone tell me why that happens? Also, I'm not getting many views overall yet. Would this be because Im new or if anyone will look at my listings and tell me if I've done something wrong I would be very grateful. Thanks and have a great day!
    Hi and welcome to ebid!

I took a peek and see one problem, very short auctions, 3 days. Try 7 days, plus buy it now option, plus put in your store, plus put on ten automatic relists. The BIN and relists gets it on google, if you have almost no views, then you are not showing up on google. The rest get you noticed within ebid.

Also ebid does download to google very fast (within an hour), I don't think google takes each and every listing and puts it in searches right away. Does it randomly, so the more items you have the better. At 66, you might not have enough to get lots of google exposure. Increase the number and see at what point you start to get sales. I have about 450 listed which generates at least a couple of daily sales, but in last week have sold over 100 so am scrambling to get my store stocked again. You may see sales at 100, or 200 or maybe you want to push it to 5000 and get a dozen daily sales. With spring coming it is worth a try to list all you have, even if not garden related.

Don't forget to add a photo to your about me page. Gardening theme maybe that we will remember? Also put your links on forums so we can look at your listings too, and use your banner ("notices") to announce sales and discounts. That gets attention from ebid sellers/buyers too.

So to recap, on ebid you get customers from google searches, from ebid sellers/buyers, from your old customers, and from your own marketing (handing out flyers in feebay mailed packages, at fairs, in your store, doing a mailing, etc). Polish your listings so they are perfect (good shipping price, clear and substantial description, fill in about me etc) and spend some time on the four things above. All are equally important but putting lots of listings into google will probably get you the most customers fast.

If sales don't increase in a few weeks, come back and let us look again. Good luck.

Is it best to start auctions right away or start after first bid?
    To get more exposure on ebid and google I think it is best to do 7 day auctions starting immediately, list as buy it now, list in your store AND pick 10 automatic relists. Also have lots of listings so they get maximum google exposure (5 or 10 get lost out there in cyberspace, you want to pop up many many times in google searches).

If you do all that and still don't get sales in 2-3 weeks, come back and have us look again. You might need another tweek to get sales going. Very important NOT to sit and wait for sales to come to you. You will be sitting a long time.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nhoneymonster View Post
    A few people have said the view counters don't really work properly so it seems there are often glitches with them.
    Great ! thats just what we need - a basic function that does not work !

Forum Newbie
    View smlpn98's Feedback (+1)
    All-About smlpn98
    View smlpn98's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question another newbie

Hello I'm new here too. Just wondering if there was a way to transfer my greedbay items. Please help! Thanks.

Thread Information