Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheaper Antiques And Artifacts

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Surely people can sell what they want at what price they want???, don't know what it's got to do with you, if they are that cheap why not buy some yourself and make a profit, then you may get some sales yourself and save you moaning that you never sell naff all.
    Dont like Antiques

I am an antique and i am cheap lol.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tony, I don't understand why you started this thread. If people have stuff under-priced on ebid, then buy it and take the profit. Otherwise, spend the time you waste posting threads like this listing more stuff. The secret of selling on ebid is to list loads, unless you can bring in your own customers from previous buyers.

I have bought stuff here and on the darkside and made a profit. I have bought stuff from dealers and made a profit. I've sold stuff to dealers who, I am pretty certain, have made a profit. That's how the antiques/collectables market works. Knowledge is power!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Madeline an interesting report on antiques.Thankyou.
    Btw Going to list more and more.
    cheers Tony

I actually received a pm once here asking why my prices were so low?
    Basically, selling collectables, the cost price can vary greatly. I take all my costs and time into account and want x% profit on what I sell. I base my prices on that.
    On another site I sell on, there is one dealer who very regularly buys from me and then offers the same item on that site at 3 or 4x the price I sold it for. As far as I am concerned "Good luck to him" - I made a profit I was happy with and hopefully he will do the same.
    I don't really see what feedback has to do with selling items cheaply. On all venues I sell on I am about "25% down" on feedback received. You don't buy feedback - it's an additional bonus, if your buyer cares to give you some, regardless of the price you sell at.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Tony, I don't understand why you started this thread. If people have stuff under-priced on ebid, then buy it and take the profit. Otherwise, spend the time you waste posting threads like this listing more stuff. The secret of selling on ebid is to list loads, unless you can bring in your own customers from previous buyers.

I have bought stuff here and on the darkside and made a profit. I have bought stuff from dealers and made a profit. I've sold stuff to dealers who, I am pretty certain, have made a profit. That's how the antiques/collectables market works. Knowledge is power!

I agree, it is the most important thing seller can do (besides not using run until sold). Not sure why, but must be google link, and google rotating the stuff, not showing everything at same time. So having 200 is better than 20 for exposure.

I agree, most important thing a seller can do here is stock the stores to bursting (besides never using run until sold)!

As you say, shop everywhere, sell on ebid or elsewhere and pad your pocket. Buys for "used" items are fantastic now . I bought two cases of doll collector books for $10 at auction, and resold for $200 and still have some left.

Even if a seller stocks new tapes, DVDs, CDs, fishing reels, perfume, they can find older items like this at auction/rummage/boot sale for pennies and add them to their stock. Brings in more people, they buy the new stuff too, mission accomplished.

No, you don't have to like the stuff to sell it. Just have a nose for a bargain.

Thread Information