eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Not a link directly but have a look at one of my listings to see how I dealt with it. You can import feedback now via Repatoo, but I'm not convinced that that is necessarily a good idea, personally I prefer to see feedback that is earnt on the relevant site, but show your credentials from elsewhere by all means.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

No. You cannot link directly to eBay or to any other e-commerce site.

There is nothing stopping you stating that you have feedback there. Many people use repatoo.com to display their feedback on other selling sites. eBid will also do a one off import of amalgamated feedback from a Repatoo account. Opinion is divided as to whether this is 'proper'.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi guys; I'm not new lol.. but I have a silly question; I was correcting categories for my listings [early spring cleaning after the site upgrade] & noticed I absolutely need a sub category... I have the clothes & accessories, but need to add shoes & it doesn't have the option to add shoes; will this happen in the near future or am I missing something?

thanks in advance

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    hi guys; I'm not new lol.. but I have a silly question; I was correcting categories for my listings [early spring cleaning after the site upgrade] & noticed I absolutely need a sub category... I have the clothes & accessories, but need to add shoes & it doesn't have the option to add shoes; will this happen in the near future or am I missing something?

thanks in advance
    There are several shoes categories. They are qualified by "men's, girls'" etc, so might not appear in the alphabetic list where you expect them!

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    There are several shoes categories. They are qualified by "men's, girls'" etc, so might not appear in the alphabetic list where you expect them!
    hi; thank you for replying; that's not what I meant;... you know when you go under; My ebid / then to my ebid stores; this brings up your ebid store summary page; then:

Section 2) Store Details, Status and Colors
    Store Title:
    Store Status:
    Store Category:
    Store Sub Category:This only gives one option... so I chose women's clothes. There is no link to say: Add another sub store sub category which I would choose; shoes

Does that make better sense? thanks again, sof

added: should this question be under another topic on help forums?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay, I'm with you now, thanks.

The category usage there is only used to decide where your shop will appear in the "shops" section when people browse through. The system prompts you to choose the cat & sub-cat that "best describes" what your shop sells. It does not limit you. Your *items* can be listed in the right, accurate categories as you wish. If you had multiple sub-cats that would imply your shop would be listed in multiple categories whenever anybody browsed through stores... which is an interesting concept. Once for ebid to think about perhaps.

As for are you in the right forum... it's as good a place as any.

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Okay, I'm with you now, thanks.

The category usage there is only used to decide where your shop will appear in the "shops" section when people browse through. The system prompts you to choose the cat & sub-cat that "best describes" what your shop sells. It does not limit you. Your *items* can be listed in the right, accurate categories as you wish. If you had multiple sub-cats that would imply your shop would be listed in multiple categories whenever anybody browsed through stores... which is an interesting concept. Once for ebid to think about perhaps.

As for are you in the right forum... it's as good a place as any.
    LOL.. Kimbo; thank you... you're a great help; I appreciate it...

I could always open another shop with just footwear..... that's another thought; it's free after all; ok, then, on my way to open another shop... LOL... thanks

Forum Newbie
    All-About peylian
    View peylian's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default how do i set up to accept paypal on my auction

I'm selling but people cant pay me and I have a paypal account please someone tell me how to do this correctly. thank you

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Put your paypal email address in your personal details. Tick "paypal" as an accepted method on all listings. For existing sales that went through before you fixed everything, send a direct invoice from paypal.

Forum Newbie
    View acc4289's Feedback (+1)
    All-About acc4289
    View acc4289's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question New Categories

The only way you are going to be able to really compete with eBay, is if you enlarge your categories. One of the most popular categories on eBay is vintage electronics where people sell anything from antique radio to reel to reel tape decks. This is the category I sell most of my items in. I have been listing two of my best selling items at a lower price on eBid for the past year without a single sale. These items sell each week on eBay. I want to get away from eBay, but without having the correct category's to list in I don't feel any of my items will ever sell on eBid. Another category that would be useful would be Pro Audio.

Thread Information