eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viewable Store Description When In Store

Default Viewable Store Description When In Store

Hi
    Apologies if this has already been asked for, in our stores the store description is only viewable if you click on About This Store, left hand side under store name
    Would it be possible somehow to show that this text is expandable, to anyone reading it they would assume that it is not expandable (a dropdown box) as their is no indication (unless you hover your mouse pointer over the words) that if you click on the words "About This Store" it will reveal more information
    Thanks
    Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree.. thanks for asking for this.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd prefer if it was viewable all the time. There is very little opportunity to communicate with a potential buyer through an eBid shop. If you think about a feebay shop there are all sorts of ways in which you can customise it, panels with what's new, what's ending soon, notes about combining postage, subscribe to email list etc.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If it was shown full-time we'd be heading further back towards the old cluttered look. It feels a bit as if many ebidders have said "love the new, clean look, now please put everything back how it was".

Perhaps the little plus/cross (not having *that* discussion again. ) that's used elsewhere could be added.

Oh, so *that's* where all the info is! I thought I had clicked on the About This Store box and nothing happened but it must have just been a case of the page hanging.
    I agree with Kimbo about not wanting to clutter everything up again (every time I tidy my desk, all the clutter seems to creep back within a few days).

Would it be better if the box had "click here for store details" instead of "about this store"?

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    Oh, so *that's* where all the info is! I thought I had clicked on the About This Store box and nothing happened but it must have just been a case of the page hanging.
    I agree with Kimbo about not wanting to clutter everything up again (every time I tidy my desk, all the clutter seems to creep back within a few days).

Would it be better if the box had "click here for store details" instead of "about this store"?
    It is a bit of standard web design mantra that you should never need or use "click". Naturally you can find millions of cases where this has been ignored, and yes I add click regularly to things myself, but I do squirm a bit every time. A good icon should do the job in less space.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If it was shown full-time we'd be heading further back towards the old cluttered look. It feels a bit as if many ebidders have said "love the new, clean look, now please put everything back how it was".

Perhaps the little plus/cross (not having *that* discussion again. ) that's used elsewhere could be added.
    Right, it looks good. You'll have to excuse me for not being particularly enthusiastic. The thing is I'm actually far more interested in function. To make more sales I need to be able to communicate with potential buyers. There is no room to do this with an eBid shop.

At the moment the functionality of a feebay shop is far superior I'm afraid (not that I've got one at the moment).

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Function is, of course, hugely important. But with a site like this looks do matter. Not to sellers so much, perhaps, but to buyers. Browsing has to be a pleasant experience or people will move on. And a site that *looks* unprofessional will send tentative buyers back to what they know and trust.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    A good icon should do the job in less space.
    And a consistent iconography across the site that clicking on something will reveal more information - especially so as eBid's new style is not to follow common practice of denoting links.

Thread Information