Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st sale!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiCD View Post
    Took me over 1 month to sell my 1st item here on eBid.
    Been listing alot of items lately, still have a long way to go. Around 8500 items left, so there will probably be alot more sales in the future when i have listed my whole stock.

All i want now is to be able to use pppay instead of paypal. But im from Sweden so sadly i cant register on pppay.

Would also be nice if i could change the currency in my eBid store to EUR instead of SEK. So people could send me their payments in EUR instead. Theres a stupid extra fee on paypal when buyers pay in SEK.

Sorry for my rusty english.

Back to the listing page...
    Congratulation on your first sale! Many more to come.

Might I suggest that you NOT use run until sold? All your cds sit at end of listing. Best to use auction (7 days is best), buy it now AND ten automatic relists. This puts your items on google search in an hour or so, and this is where we get all our new buyers from. Right now your items are at bottom of category and do not appear on google searches.

What a wonderful selection of cds. May I also suggest you sub category them before number reaches 8000? Might be easier to find than listing them all together in one big category. People like to windowshop, but also like to go to an interesting sub category and then windowshop the selected group for their favorites.

Good luck on ebid, look forward to seeing all your cds here.

Brill.
    Keep on going and lots of sales will come your way.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Congratulation on your first sale! Many more to come.

Might I suggest that you NOT use run until sold? All your cds sit at end of listing. Best to use auction (7 days is best), buy it now AND ten automatic relists. This puts your items on google search in an hour or so, and this is where we get all our new buyers from. Right now your items are at bottom of category and do not appear on google searches.
    I dont really believe in that google product thing. Did a few non run until sold auctions last week. They did not show up in google. Google only listed the items from e*ay and a few retail stores.
    Last edited by MaxiCD; 13th January 2010 at 06:22 AM.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

run till sold doesn't affect google (it's having a buy it now that gets you on there and it definitely works!), but it does keep your listings at the bottom of the ebid listings where browsers seldom go.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Put a link to your listings on your posts as we are all buyers as well.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiCD View Post
    Was thinking about that to. But what happens after 10 reposts? Do i have to re-list all items again?

Im about to list over 9000 items, so i though that i would save myself alot of time if i listed them as "Run Until Sold" directly.
    After 70 days (7 days times 10 times), they just show up in your unsolds. Easy to just check the relist box and throw them back for 10 more tries. I do this daily and maybe have a dozen or so to relist. As suggested, list in smaller lots, 20 to 50 to 100, and this chore is very easy (lets you review them quickly for wrong spellings, look at counts to see they were looked at, etc too).

A bit of trouble but having 7 days auctions gets your items noticed, they move right up the list in category and end up on top. Can't get better advertising than that.

Thread Information