eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A few minor glitches on the new site

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A few minor glitches on the new site

Wasn't too sure about the new site at first but after a couple of days I think it's an improvement.

The only slight glitches I've noticed so far is...

1) Photos take an age to load compared to before, and then end with a server timeout error. Although if you wait a minute or so and then go back and refresh your gallery the photos seem to upload fine.

2) When you click 'Begin auction' after the preview, 9 times out of 10 it takes ages to list/go to the next page to confirm. Which is really frustrating when trying to list multiple different auctions/listings in a hurry. Especially when you have to wait up to 90 seconds for the listing to confirm.

3) Quite a lot of server errors, etc around the site due to very slow loading pages.

4) A lot of emails are taking ages to come through (Up to several hours late) i.e. New auction listing emails, they tend to come through very slow and out of order, compared to before when they would all come through within seconds of listing them.

I think that's all I've noticed so far.

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ahh thanks I'd be surprised if it was down to ISP's, etc. Too much of a coincidence. All pages and photo uploading was lighting fast for me before the change, and now it's really slow, yet all other websites I visit are normal speed. So I'm guerssing it's down to teething problems with new site.

When your back button disappears does your browser open in a new window? If so then you can customize different browser windows to show different toolbars, buttons, etc. It might be that.

Had none of these problems

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Thread Information