My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What card do I have on file ?

..eBid is growing all the time - you have paid your lifetime membership, why not leave some items here - no point in wasting it
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Not to hurt any feelings , but I went back to selling on Ebay.

Unless Ebid does ANY advertising , things just will never pick up here.

I feel like just another sucker who paid 49.00 bucks.

So Sad............................................... .
    Lots of us sell on different sites until eBid grows big enough to support us. As Cats said it does seem daft that you don't list anything here as you have paid your membership and it's not going to cost you anything.

I think the lifetime membership was the best investment I ever made when it comes to internet selling ! A little effort is required on smaller sites as there is not the huge ready made audience like on feebay but I would rather do some work for myself then to go back to paying those large fees and relisting fees. Plus it helps smaller sites to grow and gives some healthy competition !

Forum Newbie
    All-About ArtVandelay
    View ArtVandelay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had high hopes for this site , but like many others
    I needed someone to sell to.

I gave in to Ebays crazy rules and went back selling there.

I gave Ebid lot of support, right down to being suspended
    from Ebay for promoting Ebid on Ebays forums.

Seems I put my self out there for nothing.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not to hurt any feelings , but I went back to selling on Ebay.

Unless Ebid does ANY advertising , things just will never pick up here.

I feel like just another sucker who paid 49.00 bucks.

So Sad............................................... .

If I can give you some advice?

You have 3 listings all with Run Until Sold. These type of listings stay at the bottom of the eBid search engine never to rise to the top and be noticed. Change them to 7-10-14 day listings (either option or all of them) with a max of 10 auto reposts. List more items. The more you have the greater the possibility of making a sale. Perhaps try the occasional listing with a start bid price and a BIN price? (start bid price being the lowest you will accept as it is very rare to find a bidding war going on here).

Buyers are very wary of sending checks or money orders with such a large amount to a seller with no feedback and no info (ie shipping, returns, guarantees) on their Me page. Try and offer at least 1 other payment option especially Paypal as most buyers on here prefer to pay that way. The prices you are asking for your items, you will need to instill confidence to your buyers. . Besides, how do you accept checks and money orders from international buyers?

We have a recent buyer on the forums who is already having to deal with his loss of a Money Order with a few hundred dollars he sent to a seller and did not receive his items. Reading these types of woes doesn't help a buyer's point of view and I'm sure (as I would too) avoid sellers that don't offer online payment options.

Just my thoughts.

x

Forum Newbie
    All-About ArtVandelay
    View ArtVandelay's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reason I left Ebay was forced online payments.

The reason I left Ebay was forced online payments.
    Nobody is forced to do anything on here you can use a whole variety of payment systems. I offer paypal, pppay, moneybookers - plus cheques and postal orders for English buyers.

The question is, as Jan said, if I wanted to buy something from you how would I pay you from England ?

I also noticed you have nothing on your about me page and no repatoo link to show feedback from other sites. That wouldn't inspire me to bid on higher priced items especially if I was new to internet buying.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    If you go to the my subscription area it will tell you when the registered card expires so could help narrow it down
    ==================================================
    morning Sarah , just for the hell of it....I had a look at this to see what it says....nothing in there .... and the bit where it says update card....says my card is 2 years out of date ????....unless this is just an example....I think and it is a big think....eBid let you know about any cards ????..........papa.

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    ==================================================
    morning Sarah , just for the hell of it....I had a look at this to see what it says....nothing in there .... and the bit where it says update card....says my card is 2 years out of date ????....unless this is just an example....I think and it is a big think....eBid let you know about any cards ????..........papa.
    Cards were a 'must' when the site wasn't linked to paypal. I pay my fees by paypal these days so I presume that is why they didn't notify me when mine expired. I would think they would only bother to let you know if you still pay fees via your card papa.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

could be right becky...i use paypal also....I THINK it is easier......papa.

Thread Information