Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fit for purpose PMSL

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    this is not a new problem....this has gone on for years....it just depends on whetther or not people knew the previous price.....I would call it daylight robbery...papa.
    Sale price or not it makes no legal difference. If an item is sold then it must be fit for purpose and if the item has any faults then it must be pointed out to the buyer before they purchase it and made aware if what the consumer rights are should a buyer want to return a faulty item.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+518)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Sale price or not it makes no legal difference. If an item is sold then it must be fit for purpose and if the item has any faults then it must be pointed out to the buyer before they purchase it and made aware if what the consumer rights are should a buyer want to return a faulty item.
    100% correct...go to the top of the class Sarah

PS - you've still got the santa hat on your avvy...hmmmm crimbo is over now
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by vinorose View Post
    100% correct...go to the top of the class Sarah

PS - you've still got the santa hat on your avvy...hmmmm crimbo is over now
    Christmas over

Christmas finishes on Jan 4TH for us

Sarah Print of the sale of goods act from the internet and if they still don't know what a sale of goods act is tell them to read up on it and hand the printout to them.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Sarah Print of the sale of goods act from the internet and if they still don't know what a sale of goods act is tell them to read up on it and hand the printout to them.
    Why should I waste even more money?

Good point, you could always tell them to read up on it on the internet.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+518)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Christmas over

Christmas finishes on Jan 4TH for us

Yep, know the feeling (just not this year)
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why didnt you just tell her that they didnt work. Instead of trying to confuse her with gobbledegook. I mean we are talking Tesco's here.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

For one thing a part was missing which they were probably not aware of, so why go on about the sale of goods act, it was incomplete.
    Most stores have their own policies which the customer service assistants follow so they do not need to know the sale of goods act. Also as it is holiday season the customer service desk could well have been manned by someone who would not normally do it.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by Fossy View Post
    Why didnt you just tell her that they didnt work. Instead of trying to confuse her with gobbledegook. I mean we are talking Tesco's here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    For one thing a part was missing which they were probably not aware of, so why go on about the sale of goods act, it was incomplete.
    Most stores have their own policies which the customer service assistants follow so they do not need to know the sale of goods act. Also as it is holiday season the customer service desk could well have been manned by someone who would not normally do it.
    Well I disagree with these posts as I told the truth to the person, and it's not gobbledegook it's fact it ain't my fault if some one is either not fully trained or simply don't know a customers rights.
    Whether or not a store has their own policy is irrelevant as they still must abide by the law, and refusing to refund me was not abiding by the law.
    When I went to get the refund, I quite obviously did not spurt the SOG act straight away as I didn't think I would need to. I only told them about the SOG act when I was refused what I was entitled to.

Thread Information