Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Additional listing for category.

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Additional listing for Pocket Watches

Jewelery and Watches.

Pocket Watches -American-Modern
    Pocket Watchers -English-1950-Present
    Pocket Watches-English-Pre1950
    pocket Watches-English-Pre1900
    Pocket Watches-American-1950-Present
    Pocket Watches-American-Pre1950
    Pocket Watches -American-Pre1900

Or just
    Pocket Watches -Pre 1950-Hamilton-Waltham-Elgin-Colombus-Hampden-Illinois-Ingersol-Ingrahm-International-New York Standard-New York Springfield Watch Co.-Otay-Perioa -Rockford-South Bend-Seth Thomas-U.S Watch etc...

Any one else chime in and give ideas. We need to separate the modern from the vintage and from the antique. It is done with wrist watches it should be done with pocket watches.

Modern--quartz--mechanical---comic ---etc etc etc too much to sort through when looking for older material. Thanks for any help.

John
    Last edited by sovereignman; 5th December 2009 at 03:55 AM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About sovereignman
    Forum Posts

Unhappy answers.....???

Quote Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
    Jewelery and Watches.

Pocket Watches -American-Modern
    Pocket Watchers -English-1950-Present
    Pocket Watches-English-Pre1950
    pocket Watches-English-Pre1900
    Pocket Watches-American-1950-Present
    Pocket Watches-American-Pre1950
    Pocket Watches -American-Pre1900

Or just
    Pocket Watches -Pre 1950-Hamilton-Waltham-Elgin-Colombus-Hampden-Illinois-Ingersol-Ingrahm-International-New York Standard-New York Springfield Watch Co.-Otay-Perioa -Rockford-South Bend-Seth Thomas-U.S Watch etc...

Any one else chime in and give ideas. We need to separate the modern from the vintage and from the antique. It is done with wrist watches it should be done with pocket watches.

Modern--quartz--mechanical---comic ---etc etc etc too much to sort through when looking for older material. Thanks for any help.

John
    Does e-bid staff even read these suggestions? I wonder. If they do it is impolite to not answer.

Helps to be more specific and ask for less not more. Boys are busy.

i.e. You see inconsistency between the two types of watches: Wristwatches have a vintage/antique sub category, yet pocketwatches do not. If that was added, it would be easier to separate old from the new ,and would create consistency between the two similiar categories. Buyers look for consistency.

You could also request a dozen splits or additions too, but that might be pushing your luck.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
    Does e-bid staff even read these suggestions? I wonder. If they do it is impolite to not answer.
    Yes, they read them, and yes they act upon them. The will reply when they have made the change, or when they require more information. If they think that your request (*request* note) has no merit, they will usually keep a discrete silence.

Changes are made in odd moments rather than on a regular schedule. In the run-up to the big site change these have been less frequent than previously.

I don't know of any site that makes asking for changes or suggesting improvements as easy and effective as they do here.

Forum Lurker
    All-About sovereignman
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Yes, they read them, and yes they act upon them. The will reply when they have made the change, or when they require more information. If they think that your request (*request* note) has no merit, they will usually keep a discrete silence.

Changes are made in odd moments rather than on a regular schedule. In the run-up to the big site change these have been less frequent than previously.

I don't know of any site that makes asking for changes or suggesting improvements as easy and effective as they do here.

Thanks for the reply, i was just considering the time frame. E-bid has been around for what 10 + years now and there seems to be a lack of definitions in this field, between antique pocket watches and others. Makes one wonder a bit.

I'll wait and see what happens.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by sovereignman; 12th December 2009 at 06:51 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About sovereignman
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Helps to be more specific and ask for less not more. Boys are busy.

i.e. You see inconsistency between the two types of watches: Wristwatches have a vintage/antique sub category, yet pocketwatches do not. If that was added, it would be easier to separate old from the new ,and would create consistency between the two similiar categories. Buyers look for consistency.

You could also request a dozen splits or additions too, but that might be pushing your luck.

You hit the nail on the head right and square. It would seem at least to me that an auction site should have already taken care of their definitions from the start in 1999. But what do i know.

I'll wait and see where it goes. Sales on this site are very slow and having proper categories would help.

Thanks

John

Thread Information