Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Why don't we appear in internet searches

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

"No one pays for google proucts it is a free service"

really so what did you mean by this

"The first pages of google tend to come from the people who pay for the best search words, and then those that fight to be number one, using SEO, so if your products are in the the list"
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    "No one pays for google proucts it is a free service"

really so what did you mean by this

"The first pages of google tend to come from the people who pay for the best search words, and then those that fight to be number one, using SEO, so if your products are in the the list"
    Google= Normal google search (Pay for either with money or in time) and what the original poster was talking about, and others suggested should be boosted.
    Google products= Google products (free to use) and where most people show up OK unless they are in certain categories. And the way around that if you have enough stock is to make sure you always stagger your start times, so that something is always starting, as new starts seem to be shown before old, which you do not have to worry about but others may.

That make sense?
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 22nd November 2009 at 12:39 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View rmg3010's Feedback (+408)
    All-About rmg3010
    View rmg3010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello
    I was thinking of starting a new thread but I will add this here:
    I have added my url directly to yahoo.com, google.com, msn.com and one site that will submit it to a ton of sites.
    I will get that url as I got it from another site. I did get emails asking to confirm. Yes, you should let them go into your spam folder and that will happen for a day, but getting on some worthwhile sites can't hurt.
    Also, I added a few of my items to oodle.com -- it's free, you just copy and past your item url and write up a line about it and it comes out great -- i was really pleased. The thing is, while few would have the time to add all you items to oodle.com, getting a few up there is getting your items and store exposure.
    I read up on this just yesterday so this is still new to me but I am doing each suggestion and I got half done thus far.
    Other suggestions are many I've heard here: blogging. I don't have time to do a lot of that. Bloggin and posting. I have not time to do much of either, but as it was suggested, even if you just add one thing to the blog, it freshens it up.
    I, too, wish we had a better presence on google, but that is something ebid.net has to do as sellers no longer can submit items like we could when we had google base.
    It amazes me every few days when I check here how many people post just to post and now I realize, it is part of generating traffic. But i hope this suggestion helps and I will have to look up what I was reading and get that url. It worked like a charm -- instantaeous submissions and while some emails came back -- you had to confirm the submission -- asking for a fee, I didn't pay for those. I only did the freebee ones.
    I am halfway thorugh my three month trial. One or two sales would recover that, but I usually do a lot better than that at ... you know where! I just don't have as much time as some to pound away but I'm giving it the best I can and thought I could share of this.
    Yes at the risk of causing a plethora of posts I am going to say I wish we had a better U.S. presence. There are no stats I saw that showed a breakdown of buyer traffic by country. Shipping is a factor in that.
    But oodle.com is free and so is http://www.freewebsubmission.com
    aha! I looked quick while writing.
    I created a yahoo email account to get the emails that would be generated by that. It wasn't as bad as expected, no repeats, just confirmations and some trying to get you to pay to submit.
    now if i can get my site in:
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Bestflicks
    I hope that comes out
    best of luck to us all
    gmt

Thread Information