Thread: postage not known problem

Forum Newbie
    View Dottiedaisy's Feedback (+160)
    All-About Dottiedaisy
    View Dottiedaisy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I am sorry but......

I can never see what the problem is with UK sellers and postage.....

you go to the post office and pick up the leaflet that shows ALL the postal rates.....

you go home.....

you weight the item you are listing.....

you look at the leaflet....

you work out the cost to send the item within the UK.... within Europe and within the rest of the world.....

you then list the item WITH the postage showing

there is NO REASON for a UK seller to have to add... "contact me for postage" apart from the fact that the seller is too lazy to work it out before hand. In which case they dont deserve the sale in the first place.
    This is so unfair a comment. Being new to eBid,things are different after being on eBay for seven years. Yes you can go and get a leaflet,but it's much easier to go through the royalmail site.where you put the weight and destination that gives you airmail price and surface mail price to anywhere in the world. I have been in touch with eBid after I experienced difficulty with my invoices once they had been paid, so was advised to put not known.I did this on 1500 items time-consuming. Only to find that I still have the same problem. And have lost sales because I have to e-mail the buyer to tell them I've refunded the money through PayPal, and are sending them a request for money through PayPal , which some people don't know how to deal with.
    If anyone has found the answer could they please e-mail me or reply as I don't wish to say that I won't sell abroad. I'm called Dottie Daisy but i'm not stupid.this is a genuine problem which has to be overcome if eBid is to move forward.
    Best regards Wendy

Forum Newbie
    View Dottiedaisy's Feedback (+160)
    All-About Dottiedaisy
    View Dottiedaisy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello timelord,thank you for your reply, I was aware that this link was 12 months old and chose it to make a point, but after 12 months were still getting the same problem. I did get in touch with eBid and their reply was to put not known,which I did! very time-consuming 1500 items. Only to find that the next person to buy from abroad I still have the same problem. I am now putting on my site PLEASE DO NOT PAY before you have an invoice.
    I shall look into the paypal idea, but I feel sure as I don't have the same problem on eBay that it is a glitch in eBids system.Best regards Wendy

sorry dottie I dont see what is unfair about my comment....

you have taken a photo of your books... therefore you had the item in front of you... does it really take that long to put it on the scales then look the price up and enter it when listing for the 3 areas (and after a while you get to know quite a few of the prices/weight bands so you dont have to weigh every item)....

it might be easier to use the post office site but by doing it (by hand) when listing you wont lose a sale as you have stated in your post as you would have stated the postage in your listing

Quote Originally Posted by timelord47 View Post
    No need to go to the PO for prices you can print them off here:
    ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/pu...ter_A3_ENG.pdf

and here:
    ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/pu...ter_A2_ENG.pdf
    true.... but you dont get the local gossip on the web site like you do from the postmistress

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

I cant understand a word she says in my local PO...

I'm glad to say our post office is the "center" of the village so even if she knows nothing somebody in there will

Quote Originally Posted by Dottiedaisy View Post
    Hello timelord,thank you for your reply, I was aware that this link was 12 months old and chose it to make a point, but after 12 months were still getting the same problem. I did get in touch with eBid and their reply was to put not known,which I did! very time-consuming 1500 items. Only to find that the next person to buy from abroad I still have the same problem. I am now putting on my site PLEASE DO NOT PAY before you have an invoice.
    I shall look into the paypal idea, but I feel sure as I don't have the same problem on eBay that it is a glitch in eBids system.Best regards Wendy
    Well, I said my piece on this 18 months ago in #12. And rather tongue in cheek in #15.

I don't recall the exact quote, but something about the only thing in the universe more common than hydrogen is stupidity?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information