My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: disrespectful

OK the image is shocking and I can understand the outrage it has caused but isn't this kid (19 years old) being hung out to dry?

If he really had drunk a bottle of whisky before going out + a whole load more once out on the town then he probably wouldn't have much of a clue where he was peeing in the darkness after midnight.

I'm not condoning what he did for one second but all I'll say is I'm glad every drunken moment I had before the age of 20 wasn't recorded and played back to me. If anyone commenting on this thread can be sure they've never done anything to be ashamed of in their youth when drunk then feel free to cast those stones...

I hope he doesn't get jailed (he didn't kill anyone!) and he seems to be contrite enough. I dare say the whole sorry episode has made him grow up a fair bit anyway

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    If he really had drunk a bottle of whisky before going out + a whole load more once out on the town then he probably wouldn't have much of a clue where he was peeing in the darkness after midnight.
    You're offering that in mitigation?

If anyone commenting on this thread can be sure they've never done anything to be ashamed of in their youth when drunk then feel free to cast those stones...
    Hang on...just off down the quarry to stock up...

I hope he doesn't get jailed (he didn't kill anyone!)...
    You're not a judge are you? They also seem to think you have to murder someone to get a prison sentence (and then not always) nowadays.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Hang on Astra. We've got one already, of those STOCKS in our village (check google). Just bring your shackles. Oh, and we've got this greengrocer who passes off dodgy fruit and veg as grade A (yeah. sure), so the squashy stuff is in plentiful supply as well, to chuck. "get your rocks off in an idyllic setting"

You're offering that in mitigation?
    Yes (but not condoning the behaviour).

A man without sin - I bow to you Astral.

You're not a judge are you? They also seem to think you have to murder someone to get a prison sentence (and then not always) nowadays.
    No, but I think a custodial sentence in this case would be unduly harsh.

If anyone commenting on this thread can be sure they've never done anything to be ashamed of in their youth when drunk then feel free to cast those stones...
    I've been to town and got "tipsy" but not drunk. I know my limits and stick within my limits, I've never done anything whilst being drunk that I am ashamed of, nor have I ever done anything that has led to me being classed as a criminal, I've never even been spoken to by the police due to my actions.

I know that what i have written above in this post might sound like "Sarah's a goody two shoes" but TBH I think people in general should act in a manner that they would be proud of rather than acting in a manner that is to be ashamed of.

Yes people do things that they later regret, but to excuse something because they were drinking is just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I've been to town and got "tipsy" but not drunk. I know my limits and stick within my limits, I've never done anything whilst being drunk that I am ashamed of, nor have I ever done anything that has led to me being classed as a criminal, I've never even been spoken to by the police due to my actions.

I know that what i have written above in this post might sound like "Sarah's a goody two shoes" but TBH I think people in general should act in a manner that they would be proud of rather than acting in a manner that is to be ashamed of.

Yes people do things that they later regret, but to excuse something because they were drinking is just a joke.

OK so far that's Astral and Sarah definitely going to Heaven then

Not so sure about my chances seeing as I had a Shandy Bass when I was 15

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes (but not condoning the behaviour).
    As someone else has said 'I was drunk at the time M'lud' should go against a person in court and not be seen as an excuse for what they did.

A man without sin - I bow to you Astral.
    I never said that. I said that I had never done anything that I was later ashamed of whilst under the influence. Sins I have committed aplenty.

OK so far that's Astral and Sarah definitely going to Heaven then

Not so sure about my chances seeing as I had a Shandy Bass when I was 15
    I've not said people don't do things they later regret, I have no issues with people that accept what they have done wrong (apart from a few exceptions), but to blame a lifestyle, addiction etc is just not right. If someone commits an offence or cause public outrage, they should have the guts to blame themselves rather than something else that they choose to do.

In the case we are discussing, I also think prison would be OTT, I think community service would be more appropriate.

As someone else has said 'I was drunk at the time M'lud' should go against a person in court and not be seen as an excuse for what they did.
    It depends on the crime.

A 50 year old lorry driver mowing down a family - I would agree with you.

A 19 year old student away from home and perhaps out of his face for the first time who pees in a cemetery - maybe cut him some slack.

Sins I have committed aplenty.
    I'm sure the ladies are pleased to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    In the case we are discussing, I also think prison would be OTT, I think community service would be more appropriate.
    I agree with that.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Thread Information