eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Arnie's reply has got him into trouble

Talking Arnie's reply has got him into trouble

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/200...chwarzenegger/

Linked page includes adult language.

See if you can spot the problem BEFORE scrolling down too far.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Word wrapping in digital messages causes lines to break at different places depending on the computer monitor's default typeface and typeface size, and the window size of the computer monitor upon which a message is being read...DUH.

I am trying to puzzle out how it is we are seeing a graphic image rather than a text copy of Schwarzenegger's letter. Maybe I'm particularly oblivious today but something seems not quite right. I had thought such documents were usually distributed to news outlets unformatted.

The remark about the insult being a coincidence, however, reminds me of the myth that a million monkeys locked in a room with a million typewriters (or keyboards) will eventually produce great literature.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Word wrapping in digital messages causes lines to break at different places depending on the computer monitor's default typeface and typeface size, and the window size of the computer monitor upon which a message is being read...DUH.

I am trying to puzzle out how it is we are seeing a graphic image rather than a text copy of Schwarzenegger's letter. Maybe I'm particularly oblivious today but something seems not quite right. I had thought such documents were usually distributed to news outlets unformatted.
    You've asked and answered your own question. The text was saved as an image so that it would have the correct formatting to display the hidden message.

Thread Information