Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Problems logging in

alyak46141414

Unhappy Problems logging in

ebid won't recognize my username or password...except for loggin into the forum. When I try to login I get an error message that username and password are incorrect. I've contacted support NUMEROUS times...still doesn't work. I've tried a diferrent browser, deleted all my cookies...anything I can think of. Nothing helps...any ideas.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to keep yammering at this, simply trying to get some clarity in my mind, and also provide as many clues as possible for those who might be able to help......

I'm thinking that you have some auctions listed under the user ID of shopsmarteproducts, a registered seller, and one of those auctions ended in a sale to me.

At some point you created a second user ID of Smartshopn, a registered buyer.....did this happen after I won your auction? Or are there two people with similar user IDs from Conover, North Carolia?

I'm sure someone with ideas will be along shortly
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Pearly makes sense. Any change in name creates problems. Since the login on forums is different (maybe changes not updated as often as it is not as critical to protect our comments) the fact you are locked out of your ebid accounts means ebid does not think you are that seller?

I guess I would ask support to check the two separate accounts out and find which one is active.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've seen this question before and pearly responding with the OP possibly having 2 accounts. The OP never responded to that last time, and so far, hasn't responded to pearly's notion this time.

I suspect the OP does have 2 accounts and eBid went and blocked both accounts as soon as the second account was opened.

Registration, Upgrading and Logging into your Account

11) I've been told my account is on Hold.

To keep eBid as clutter free to allow genuine sellers a clean and efficient marketplace in which to trade, we ask all sellers to not break our posting rules

If any of your items cross this boundary, ALL your auctions will be deleted without notice and your account placed on hold. When you try and login while your account is on hold you will find you are locked out. To remove this ban, please email us using the contact form in the Help section stating the item(s) you posted to create this ban and that you will not post such items any more. Please do not email us asking us what you did wrong, a simple apology will re-open your account almost immediately whereas a long winded email conversation will waste ours and your time

If you state you will refrain from posting banned items and are caught a second time, the same will happen.

If you are caught a third time your account will be locked on a permanent basis. It is up to you to read the posting rules and abide by them, users are told about the posting rules when they start an auction. "I didn't realise" won't be a valid excuse!

Continuous negative feedback will also see your account placed on hold. Always make sure your first feedback is positive otherwise your account could be investigated.

Holders of multiple accounts will also be placed on hold.

Users suspected of bidding on their own auctions (shilling or shill bidding) will see their accounts placed on hold.

Users with incomplete address details will be placed on hold.

x

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

This could also be the old ISP problem some people had when the Upgrade took place? Can't remember the ISP that was the biggest problem?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Thread Information