Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with Report Auction Service?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, every report was considered and appropriate action was taken in reasonable time.

2 14.29%
  • Yes, the most of reports was considered and appropriate action was taken.

4 28.57%
  • No, many reports wasn't considered in timely manner, or even no action wasn't taken.

4 28.57%
  • I don't know, I never reported any auction.

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you satisfied with Auction Report?

Lightbulb Are you satisfied with Auction Report?

What is your experience about reporting auctions with prohibited items, or auctions breaking listing policies?

Let's share our experience here...

At now I tried to submit report about some duplicated items and items with commerce link in their description... 20% of them were removed, then removed also some of my auctions because (mea culpa) had an external link in description (it was my distraction: I wished to put a link to a picture, but I kept also hyperlink as well, and not to my website as well!!!)... I already repair my mistake, but other irregular auctions are still there
    Hasta Luego!

Take a peek at our shops!
    Cameralabs - Thai Gourmet

I feel a bit discouraged...
    Some user here is a bit... "tricky", putting multiple auctions instead a single dutch, or putting link to their website (with cart checkout) or even on their feebay auctions!!!
    But... In last 24 hours, I tried to submit auctions to e-bid support, but at now, nothing have been done.
    I think honest users should been protected from who break the rules on purpose...
    Hope Gazza or Mark will consider this... Or, any advice?
    Tnx
    Hasta Luego!

It does seem a bit hit and miss at times doesn't it
    What I think we really need though, is a report seller option instead of having to report loads of auctions.

Yes, I totally agree... It would be so great to have also a 'Report User' function...
    Maybe I'll begin to report manually to support email address...
    Hasta Luego!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    It does seem a bit hit and miss at times doesn't it
    What I think we really need though, is a report seller option instead of having to report loads of auctions.
    I'm all for that

x

Yes - it is depressing to report every auction, one at a time, that a seller has put in the wrong place - to find that nothing happens and you've wasted precious time.

I too find report auction hit and miss, sometimes they remove them some times they dont...

even worse is when they remove a load of listings, then the person just relists them, so you report them again.... and then they do nothing the second time.... if the listings were "wrong" and removed the first time they MUST be "wrong" the second time.

It makes me wonder if this "site" really want us to report listings/sellers... I am fed up of the number of times I report a seller to support and get back the "we are looking into it" email only to find nothing is done about it
    Last edited by somersethedge; 1st October 2009 at 09:05 AM.

Actually I understand Ebid staff as well, I guess they have an impressive job there, but on the other hand I really feel frustrated to see people running "outlaw" auctions on purpose, while we all try to sell at our best, respecting all the community...
    Hope report system will improve soon, and "smarties" will have to migrate on feebay
    Hasta Luego!

I get the impression, it depends on who gets the report as to what is done about it.

Illegal items,(guns R18DVD's etc), or anything to do with adult, seem to get acted upon quickly, links to offsite ecommerce fairly quickly, wrong category & multiple identical, only sometimes.

Any seller with a large number of violations, I just email support,
    they occasionally complain I should use the report this item button, to which I reply I don't have the time to waste to report 20/50/200 or more items individually.

Gazza did say that reporting multiple identical, would mean support looked at all the sellers listings, but that doesn't seem to happen, IMO that should happen as a matter of course.

Everybody makes mistakes, I recently noticed I'd somehow got two identical listings, but those who deliberately ignore the rules, or set out to evade them,don't do the site, or genuine sellers any favours at all.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I suppose it is not a great job to do everyday. There must be thousands of these things, which is why feebay went completely automated which really worsens the situation;some knowledgeable person has to look at each one and make a decision to avoid mistakes. We can complain response it not fast enough, but I would sure hate to see the "system" do it automatically and take out all human reason in the process.

I would like to see BOTH report listing and report seller. Sometimes it is only one listing, sometimes it is 200. Those two choices would cover everything.

Thread Information