My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to get all your email addresses in 1 go from paypal

You can also download the same info from ebay too.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can get a free program that is just as good if not better that you can use called open office.

http://www.openoffice.org/

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pippajan View Post
    I am a newbie to e bid and was slowly going through my paypal account one by one taking note of previous customers to e mail them the news of change over, then I played and found a quicker way.
    Login to your paypal account, on the left click on download history, then custom date range to what dates you want to look at, select comma delimited completed payments then click on download.
    It will then come on your screen open or save hopefully you will have microsoft excel to read it!! you will then see all your e mail addresses come up in a column, mine was column K, you will need to right click the top of the column, then change the width i went to 30 and i could read them all. It certainly saved keep back arrow on paypal just wish I had found it sooner would of saved me a few hours , good luck
    Well done. And I hope you are pulling those emails to send out a clever mailing to past customers telling them all about your things on ebid (and ours too, of course).

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any chance rather than just one person sending out their few thousand emails on their own, and setting up their own store for that small influx, would anyone not consider picking a date, maybe a monthly date, as I am sure this thread will grow and be searched for, so it would go on happening over and over, as more people come in.
    And could be used by those sending out monthly newsletters also.

This would serve two purposes, one would be to bring customers in, on mass, and secondly it may give sellers a little push to keep their stores and products up to date, and possibly they will be able to adjust things like adding items on or before that date, each month, or add any sale prices around that date, while things continue to grow.

The other option would be a way to continue using the same address' is by ebid creating a monthly email newsletter that will be released on that date, and the sellers opt in by adding their customer lists each month, that would auto send the newsletter, as I assume the buddy list works.

As they are adding the name to each email I assume they could also add an opt out email address personal to the seller so the seller can remove those from the list that do not like it.

Don't know what do you think?

Edited to add this
    Another option would be to allow sellers and buyers to offer up info and articles for the newsletter, either in a thread or by email.
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 8th September 2009 at 12:48 AM.

Thread Information