My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Store Category Folders!?

Default Store Category Folders!?

I was thinking if you add folders to stores so in this example it would look like this: (hope it makes sense!!)

>DVDS
    >> ALL (32 available)
    >>Clint Eastwood (10 available)
    >> Al Pacino (19 available)
    >> sly stallone (2 available)
    >>Boxsets (1 available)

>VHS
    >> ALL (5)
    >>Clint (3)
    >>Al (2)

>POSTERS

etc...

this way.. customers that are used to my store can find things the way I know they are looking! sometimes people want an al pacino film and not bothered about typing in the names of every film! so I suggest there should be these folder that we can create ourselves and this will be an added tactic for sellers! or maybe allow us to have tags per item? same thing really! searching for clint would bring up all the dvds with a clint tag! i for one would love that!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Errrr...Isn't that what store categories and subcategories are for?

Mind you...you would first have to have a Seller+ account and actually create a store.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClintEastwood View Post
    I was thinking if you add folders to stores so in this example it would look like this: (hope it makes sense!!)

>DVDS
    >> ALL (32 available)
    >>Clint Eastwood (10 available)
    >> Al Pacino (19 available)
    >> sly stallone (2 available)
    >>Boxsets (1 available)

>VHS
    >> ALL (5)
    >>Clint (3)
    >>Al (2)

>POSTERS

etc...

this way.. customers that are used to my store can find things the way I know they are looking! sometimes people want an al pacino film and not bothered about typing in the names of every film! so I suggest there should be these folder that we can create ourselves and this will be an added tactic for sellers! or maybe allow us to have tags per item? same thing really! searching for clint would bring up all the dvds with a clint tag! i for one would love that!!
    We don't call them folders here, they are parent categories and sub categories

And yes, your list looks just fine to me, but, as Astral has mentioned, you can only do this if you have seller+ lifetime membership.

With 5 free stores and all the perks that go with it and such silly low 2% FVF (gallery auctions) I think the 50.00 would be well worth spent.

I remember paying $15.00 per month for 1 store 'over there' plus all the listing fees each month geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    We don't call them folders here, they are parent categories and sub categories

And yes, your list looks just fine to me, but, as Astral has mentioned, you can only do this if you have seller+ lifetime membership.

With 5 free stores and all the perks that go with it and such silly low 2% FVF (gallery auctions) I think the 50.00 would be well worth spent.

I remember paying $15.00 per month for 1 store 'over there' plus all the listing fees each month geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

x
    YEA TELL ME ABOUT IT!! actually dont coz I know all too well!!

I mentioned tags in the searches, you know like when you post a thread you can add stuff? and on youtube etc I would think this would help alot of people find stuff.. then the listing titles can be neater! like when I search for all films by a director I would type in 'takashi miike dvd' if these were tags, I would just have nice results like 'visitor q' 'audition' etc instead of 'tartan asia extreme mad dvd MIIKE visitor q L@@K!!!' etc lol
    does this make sense? and 'THEY' dont do it so it would be beating 'THEM' again!!!

EDIT: I think tags are great idea.. but it should be limited to about 6-7 tags to stop people uploading dictionaries.. lol
    Last edited by ClintEastwood; 23rd July 2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: FORGOT A DETAIL

Thread Information