eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auctions

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firewalker100 View Post
    Hi, By not ending the auction on time you take the fun out of being in an auction. By making the auction last longer then it should you hurt your business. I have been a member for a very long time. I bid on auction all over the internet, but as you can see I don't do much here because I can't enjoy the end of the auction. Please do something about the end of your auctions. When an auction is over please do not extend it.
    Sniping is Bad.. Awful.. it kills real buyers. Sniping is a Bad game. I left feebay about 6 yrs ago.. as sniping and shills seem to be kissin cousins, pushing price higher.. tis endless annoying.
    Extending auctions by 1 minute and so on... bites at sniping

Shilling is illegal, swooping in to bid a bit higher at the last moment is not. That is how an auction works. Extending an auction 60 seconds does not mean that shills have jumped in. . As members pointed out, few auctions on ebid involve furious last minute bidding anyway.

Yes, on feebay being able to open additional accounts made it easy to shill your own auctions using another computer. Duplicate accounts are regulated here and selling to family members/people on same computer is not allowed which cuts shilling down.

Thread Information