eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hmm HOW MANY CUSTOMERS LOST DUE TO THE CHANGE?

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FairMaiden View Post
    Whats "normal" ?
    Ah~ not sure, but if I do come across someone who is, I'll let you know~

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Just got this email from one of my Best customers. If he had not persisted then he would not be back I quote "

Hi XXXX

Have you experiencd problems with accessing the ebid platform? Trouble is I have not been able to accss the ebid patform or nearly a week now. I haven't received a notice from ebid stating the site would be down. Have you had any problems?

Do you know the email address of ebid customer services? If you have acess perhaps you could look it up on the ebid platform & let me know.

I really would appreciate your assistance as I have run out of ideas. I cannot access the platform directly or either from a link. I have cleared nmy browsing & cookies history and tried another computer.

Your assistance really would be appreciated. I tried google but all roots lead to the ebid platfrom.

Thx.

XXXXXXXXX
    I am assuming you know there is a 'workaround' (I hate that word).

Have you emailed your customer to tell them this info.

If you also tell them it is highly likely to be the fault of their ISP - Tiscali seems to be the only offender after 5 days or so and let them know what the workaround is (you have to put a specific line of text in your HOSTS file). I got the info from

Ebid forums (and website maintenance) outages - Meet here

Read the whole thread, as there was a wee bit of a wobble regarding the amount of gaps between the words (you'' see what I mean).
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

I had a buyer with the same sort problem - she bought & paid on the Monday morning a few hours before the upgrade. I was able to send her an email to let her know her order was being posted, but because of the upgrade couldn't to the necessary in eBid itself. I had a note from her on the Tues saying she was still having problems getting in and could I help. She is on ntl wirgin the same as I am, and she managed to get in late on the Tuesday night. Somehow - as she put it - it suddenly worked all on its own.

I've had a few sales since the upgrade so some buyers are being able to access the site.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

I have had two emails along the same lines..... They won’t be back... luckily for me I pointed them onto another site I list on so I haven’t lost them as customers… eBid on the other hand have lost two customers and also any fees they would have got from me from the their sales.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I have had two emails along the same lines..... They won’t be back... luckily for me I pointed them onto another site I list on so I haven’t lost them as customers… eBid on the other hand have lost two customers and also any fees they would have got from me from the their sales.
    same here.. eBid might have lost customers but I haven't...my customers follow me to wherever I am...I love returning customers

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Had to add mine to my host file, and you know what, there is no way at all i would or even could of done it without the help of goths step by step guide, not in a millions years, i was out for a couple of days, then had the internet down so this week not been a good week at all internet wise,

glad i seen you
    Same here. If Pete hadn't put the link on FB to Goths information I'd still be running around the house throwing my arms up in the air while screaming "What do I do?! What do I chuffin do?!"
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View sparklybits's Feedback (+5050)
    All-About sparklybits
    View sparklybits's Listings
    Forum Posts

well i have sales from before the site went down and they still havnt paid im not sure if they wont or cant how long should i leave it before i do a unpaid item !!!!! ?

Well I had my usual one sale in May and another in June, so I'm not sure if it's affected me too much yet
    At least since the upgrade, the site is visible to my Japanese customers. Even though they still can't register, at least they can place an order

I had a newbie buyer when I couldn't get on,

I got an email from nanny18 yesterday, she still cannot get in,
    she is with tiscali, although I'm not sure if TalkTalk & Pipex users can get in either.
    I gave her Gazza's link, as I thought it might be easier for her to follow than mine

Mind you as Tiscali lost their own servers for a while, & I think they are now part of TalkTalk, I guess that could all be one problem.

Yes an email warning would have been nice, but it could have only been sent to those who accept eBid emails, then you have the problem of if they read them or not.(Think how many post you see on the forums from those that haven't read the T & C)

I doubt there's a single site on the web that hasn't had problems at some time, many of them much larger & with much greater resources than eBid.

For the smaller sites it's relatively easy while they are on shared hosting, or even on just one server, the changes they will HAVE to make as their site grows, could well give the same problems as eBid has had over the last 12 months. Servers do go wrong, hosting companies do fail, or vanish, tech-guys let people down, problems like that, have put small sites offline for weeks or months, or sometimes never to return.

As the Japanese buyers can now see the listings I'm hoping that SOME of the access problems for other countries were to do with the old hosting company & not eBid, so the server change will give them the opportunity to add more countries.

Everytime the Guys try & do something to improve the site, they seem to be met with a barrage of critisism, if they do nothing they get the same.

I'm glad they are trying to grow the site, but unfortunately hiccups are inevitable on the way.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I know what you mean. My phone was wringing off the hook for about 3 of days. I was inundated with calls from irrate customers who couldn't get into my listings.

And the emails........................I won't even go there.
    Last edited by paintinglemonjane; 6th July 2009 at 06:25 PM.
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

Thread Information