My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: editing error

Have been attempting to edit listings for the past 2 days and am receiving the same error notice:
    Editing Error
    Domestic postage Error : option '1' wrong

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry

Despite the new server thing which I suppose is a good thing in some respects, I am still having a problem with the item description not saving how it is supposed to be.

As always, I'm having to spend like half an hour to an hour on ONE listing alone, constantly re-editing because after saving, eBid's system seems to re-arrange my item description information, changes font colours, removes bold font, puts bold font where there is none in the first place and puts line breaks in where there was never any in the first place. This has been oging on far too long.

It's about time this got sorted out.

With this type of problem with listing and editing items, it will put off potential new sellers if they see that they have to pee around for an hour doing one listing when you should be able to do a 100 in that time!

I'm in the process of changing my listings item descriptions because of this problem. I am removing the terms and conditions and putting them all on the one page in the about the seller section. So now, only postage information and the description of the item itself is in the item description section.

I paste my info, everything is in order and how it should be, click preview, and everything is messed up, not in the correct order etc. It's a joke. Before the server switch, I spent a long time, re-editing the same ONE listing over 40 times before it finally saved right - this is ridiculous and it has nothing to do with my code or anything, it's the eBid's system/software/whatever that is the problem here because I do not have this problem on any other site!!!!
    Last edited by darth_reaper; 1st July 2009 at 03:56 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrichardsoldit View Post
    Have been attempting to edit listings for the past 2 days and am receiving the same error notice:
    Editing Error
    Domestic postage Error : option '1' wrong
    Problem fixed.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Problem fixed.

Gazza
    Great, thanks. Checked and tis so.

Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View chrislight99's Feedback (+10340)
    All-About chrislight99
    View chrislight99's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Tried one of the earlier auctions that were producing the error and it worked fine this time. Thanks for the swift solve....
    My lots of: stamps, cards, and similar: http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Magic - its now working OK for me . Thanks Gazza

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View thebeddingman's Feedback (+239)
    All-About thebeddingman
    View thebeddingman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    Despite the new server thing which I suppose is a good thing in some respects, I am still having a problem with the item description not saving how it is supposed to be.

As always, I'm having to spend like half an hour to an hour on ONE listing alone, constantly re-editing because after saving, eBid's system seems to re-arrange my item description information, changes font colours, removes bold font, puts bold font where there is none in the first place and puts line breaks in where there was never any in the first place. This has been oging on far too long.

It's about time this got sorted out.

With this type of problem with listing and editing items, it will put off potential new sellers if they see that they have to pee around for an hour doing one listing when you should be able to do a 100 in that time!

I'm in the process of changing my listings item descriptions because of this problem. I am removing the terms and conditions and putting them all on the one page in the about the seller section. So now, only postage information and the description of the item itself is in the item description section.

I paste my info, everything is in order and how it should be, click preview, and everything is messed up, not in the correct order etc. It's a joke. Before the server switch, I spent a long time, re-editing the same ONE listing over 40 times before it finally saved right - this is ridiculous and it has nothing to do with my code or anything, it's the eBid's system/software/whatever that is the problem here because I do not have this problem on any other site!!!!
    Glad to see the domestic postage error is fixed, but I have to agree with the above post. I am not having as many problems, but I have my listings set in a template and therefore often use list similar or the populate option and find that a little bit of unwanted HTML appears at the top of my listing moving the template from the centre to the left. Whilst this is not a major issue for me, certainly not as bad as above, it is inconvenient and unnessasary, (especially when you forget to delete this unwanted HTML and find that when you try to edit, you can't!). This does give the impression of a poorly run fly by night site (though I hasten to add I am generally happy here) and it could well put off potential new customers of whom there could be a good many over the coming weeks as other lesser sites fall by the wayside.

Thread Information