Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A question about Google shopping/product search?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A question about Google shopping/product search?

I've just realised that although my items are showing up well on Google Product search (in the U.K.) they're not showing up when I search on Google.com (vice versa for eBid sellers in North America). Is there any way around this as I'd like all my items to be visible to the U.S./Canada. I've always done a lot of trade there.

Is this a known problem/limitation? Are there plans to deal with it? I can see that it's not unique to eBid as no U.S. based alt site listings are showing up when I search from the U.K. I just wondered as it seems like an opportunity to increase sales

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seems to be a Google issue from what I see. Not sure what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I've just realised that although my items are showing up well on Google Product search (in the U.K.) they're not showing up when I search on Google.com (vice versa for eBid sellers in North America). Is there any way around this as I'd like all my items to be visible to the U.S./Canada. I've always done a lot of trade there.

Is this a known problem/limitation? Are there plans to deal with it? I can see that it's not unique to eBid as no U.S. based alt site listings are showing up when I search from the U.K. I just wondered as it seems like an opportunity to increase sales
    I don't think the UK eBid listings have ever been uploaded to the dot com site, or the US ones to the dot co dot uk site.
    As far as I know the only way around it is to upload them yourself, but they'll need to be priced in the currency of the site.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Google requirements are that items for Google Products must be listed in the currency and language of the target country and be shippable throughout that country. The only countries Google Products serve are the UK, US and Germany.

Theoretically you could manage the upload yourself and create two feeds - one for the UK and one for the US - but it is quite possible (guessing here) that Google would complain of duplicate items being listed.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Google requirements are that items for Google Products must be listed in the currency and language of the target country and be shippable throughout that country. The only countries Google Products serve are the UK, US and Germany.

Theoretically you could manage the upload yourself and create two feeds - one for the UK and one for the US - but it is quite possible (guessing here) that Google would complain of duplicate items being listed.
    Google does complain and will delete them. I tried that once and if the feeds come from the same store, website, etc., only the newest data feed will stay the other feeds prior will be taken off.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, I see, I was wondering if this was a Google limitation.

Thread Information