My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repeatedly locked out of my ebid many times over the last week or so

Default Repeatedly locked out of my ebid many times over the last week or so

Hi,
    Has anybody else been having this problem over the last week or so? It has happened intermittently, not every single time, but 5 times so far, 3 of them today, I have been unable to get into my ebid due to getting a message that an e-mail has been returned to me as undeliverable. I have always had the same e-mail address from the day I started having an e-mail address, there's nothing wrong with it, I get ebid auction repost e-mails almost constantly, as well as e-mails from all sorts of different people, and I've done nothing wrong to get banned or anything like that. I have e-mailed support about this several times, and the first couple of times I heard back from them and they said to try again and it was working, but I've had no reply from my e-mails to them today, and I still can't get in.
    Another thing is that I have then tried to get to my 4 stores that are supposed to be under crafts and sewing, handmade goods, but even though it said there were 48 stores under that category, which is about the usual number, not one of mine was there.
    This is not only getting annoying, but worrying. I'm not changing my e-mail address, as there's nothing wrong with it and I'd have to change it with everybody else as well, and the same thing would only happen with a new e-mail address anyway.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia

eBid send emails from more than one server, it sounds like your email provider may have blocked one or more of them & hence your emails are being returned as undeliverable.
    Who is your mail provider? BT Yahoo & AOL used to be the main culprits for this.

Just had a quick look at some of mine,
    (ebid03.ebid.net [64.5.39.38])
    (ebid05.ebid.net [64.5.39.40])
    (ebid06.ebid.net [64.5.39.41])
    (ebid07.ebid.net [64.5.39.42])
    (ebid08.ebid.net [64.5.39.43])
    (ebid10.ebid.net [64.5.39.45])
    (ebid11.ebid.net [64.5.39.46])

Closed & reposts seem to be coming through from 6,
    new listing varies

I think the full range used to be from 1 to 11, but it may be more now.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 12th November 2009 at 04:59 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Hi, Gothicina,
    It's Virgin Media, blueyonder.co.uk to be exact, it always has been, I've not had any problems until about a week ago, and they are still continuing as I write this.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand all those figures and things that you seem to know so much about. I'm not a computer or internet expert, but I'm not bad, either, and I am starting to get frustrated over this situation.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your emails are bouncing back to us with error 5.2.2 Mailbox Full. If we receive bounced emails we ask users to update their email address to a working one.

The support ticket you opened has been answered but our replies have twice been returned to us for this reason, if you were wondering why you had not heard from support.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lamarbobbybarney View Post
    Hi, Gothicina,
    It's Virgin Media, blueyonder.co.uk to be exact, it always has been, I've not had any problems until about a week ago, and they are still continuing as I write this.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand all those figures and things that you seem to know so much about. I'm not a computer or internet expert, but I'm not bad, either, and I am starting to get frustrated over this situation.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia
    Do you use outlook express, outlook, or thunderbird, for your emails on your PC, or do you use webmail?

Either way you need to login to blueyonder/virgin webmail & clear out some of the old files, anything in sent, draft and trash is still counted towards your overall Mailbox size so cleaning them would be helpful as well.

Then
    If you use Thunderbird,
    look at Tools - Account Settings - Server Settings
    about halfway down the page is a tickbox for
    Leave Messages on Server, make sure it is either not ticked,
    OR if you like to be able to check your mail online from another PC sometimes set to somewhere between 7 & 30 days.
    If you choose until I delete them, you will have to make sure you login to webmail regularly to do so.

If you use Outlook Express
    Select Tools/Accounts.
    Click on the Mail tab, highlight YourAccount and click on the Properties button.
    Click on the Advanced tab.
    In the Delivery section, unselect the checkbox to Leave of copy of messages on server
    OR
    Select the appropriate checkbox to delete the messages from the server after a certain number of days.

Outlook has the same sort of options, can't remember where offhand as I don't use it.

Looking on the web it seems that some people are having problems with BY/Virgin email at the moment. Mine seems OK but the problems could be regional.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 12th November 2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Hi Gothicina,
    Thanks for all the info.
    I only use webmail, not the other stuff, and Virgin seems to have made some changes lately that have been causing some problems.
    Before I read your message, I had seen Gazza's and had deleted a lot of e-mails from all of the places you suggested so that should not be the problem, and I'm not convinced completely that it was the problem anyway, and then re-emailed support to please try again, but that was awhile ago and I haven't had a reply. I don't know what hours they are there, so I hope any e-mails haven't continued to bounce back.
    I was still locked out when I just tried. I hope this will get sorted soon.
    Thanks.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia

Looks like you are working on the email problem.

I checked for your stores and you are right, they don't appear under stores. They have items in them, so they are not inactive? Did you check to see if you accidently put them on hold by markging them inactive? Look in right hand column on your ebid page, under stores, and check to see if all are turned on. Maybe that is the problem. But looks like your auctions are showing doesn't it?

Hi,
    Thanks for your remarks. I received a test e-mail from ebid, but I still have not been able to get into my ebid, and I haven't done anything that would have even accidentally switched off any of my stores, so the only way I could even get to look at them was to look up my own username, and they still have the items in them, so I suppose they are probably still showing up in the listings where they are supposed to be. Thanks for going to the trouble to look and reply to me.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia

Quote Originally Posted by lamarbobbybarney View Post
    Hi Gothicina,
    Thanks for all the info.
    I only use webmail, not the other stuff, and Virgin seems to have made some changes lately that have been causing some problems.
    Before I read your message, I had seen Gazza's and had deleted a lot of e-mails from all of the places you suggested so that should not be the problem, and I'm not convinced completely that it was the problem anyway, and then re-emailed support to please try again, but that was awhile ago and I haven't had a reply. I don't know what hours they are there, so I hope any e-mails haven't continued to bounce back.
    I was still locked out when I just tried. I hope this will get sorted soon.
    Thanks.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia
    Maybe the virgin forums can help.
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/bd-p/email
    There are a number of threads by both blueyonder & ntl users, the common theme(s) seems to be not receiving emails, & getting mailbox full errors.

Failing that why not set up a google mail account to use for now, until virgin have sorted the problem, then change back to your blueyonder one.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Hi Gothicina,
    How on earth do you know all of this stuff?
    I went on the Virgin forum you linked and read what has been going on with other people who have been having the same problems as I have been having over the last week or so and read other people's suggestions as to what to do.
    I finally found and re-set my spam folders to tag e-mails as spam but allow them to come through, (it had been pre-set to delete spam, and I'd never been able to find any spam folders and that kind of thing whenever I'd heard people talking about them) and then I sent a test e-mail to my e-mail address from my husband's e-mail address and it came through marked spam, even though it wasn't.
    Virgin has definitely made some changes lately that have affected the usage of the e-mail system in a negative way. Now you have to type in your entire e-mail address every single time you want to go in, whereas before you could just put in the first letter and the rest would fill in the box, so that's a big nuisance.
    I think anything that Virgin decided was spam, and maybe that's been most things over the last few days, and maybe nearly everything yesterday, has just been deleting and giving the other person a mailbox full error message. I had problems even sending e-mails several times yesterday, it kept destroying what I'd written and coming up saying 'error, go back to login page.'
    Thanks for your help and taking all that time to respond to me.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia

Thread Information