eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who wants it,

Quote Originally Posted by QCPOTS View Post
    done everything I have wanted for the last 2 1/2 years,

I did buy the docking station with the extras at a later date, but never got round to using them,

are well its eating no meat, will list at the price I mentioned, if it goes, all well and good,
    OK, why not, good luck. Sorry I wasn't more help.

I don't have much experience with XP on anything but fairly fast machines, so my advice is worth what you paid for it or even less! People tell me the amount of ram makes more difference to it than cpu speed. I do run Windows 2000 on a 500MHz machine with 384M of ram and that performs well for what I do with it. On the other hand for photo editing I use the Gimp on Linux on a 1.6GHz machine with 1G of ram and for that I doubt I'd be happy with much less.

If buyers have sense they ought to be interested in your auction -- if you search for Toshiba on this site there's a depressing number of 0 rated sellers offering stuff, whereas you have good feedback. There's no way I'd send hundreds of quid into the ether in the hope of receiving a laptop from any of those people with no track record.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    OK, why not, good luck. Sorry I wasn't more help.

I don't have much experience with XP on anything but fairly fast machines, so my advice is worth what you paid for it or even less! People tell me the amount of ram makes more difference to it than cpu speed. I do run Windows 2000 on a 500MHz machine with 384M of ram and that performs well for what I do with it. On the other hand for photo editing I use the Gimp on Linux on a 1.6GHz machine with 1G of ram and for that I doubt I'd be happy with much less.

If buyers have sense they ought to be interested in your auction -- if you search for Toshiba on this site there's a depressing number of 0 rated sellers offering stuff, whereas you have good feedback. There's no way I'd send hundreds of quid into the ether in the hope of receiving a laptop from any of those people with no track record.
    thanks for the input,

advice taken, I can only try it, who knows,
    like you say, none on here, but are the buyers, more to the point,

I will find out,

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

well tickle me,

300 views, so I can say the answer is NO

no one wants it,

shame its such a nice lappie,

All-About no_worries
    View no_worries's Listings
    Forum Posts

QC .... I don't mean to bust your chops but I think your price is way over the top. I just did a search of the current and completed auctions over there <<< and found at least 40 Toshiba Portege laptops of similar or better spec than yours that either sold for less than £50 or in the case of auctions that are still running, have a Buy Now price of UNDER £80.
    You can list it at whatever price you like and nobody, least of all me, can say you are wrong but you have to ask yourself why somebody would buy your laptop at more than 4 times the price of other, similar laptops.
    I ain't condemning, just asking.

Thread Information