View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QCPOTS View Post
    TOSHIBA PORTEGE 7020 CT

I am considering selling my laptop, as above,

Interested parties, Contact me to find out more,
    As selling off site isn't allowed, why not list the laptop on ebid and make sure you set a reserve you're happy with. Once it's listed you can use the plug your auction thread to er.... plug your auction!

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    As selling off site isn't allowed, why not list the laptop on ebid and make sure you set a reserve you're happy with. Once it's listed you can use the plug your auction thread to er.... plug your auction!
    what HH said
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Looks like you've not listed it yet! No Tosh Portege on ebid!

It's getting a bit long in the tooth, 366MHz, but for many purposes still a perfectly useful and very portable machine. You might want to give it a new lease of life by adding some memory and/or fitting a bigger hard drive. If Windows has gathered its usual boatload of cruft and slowed to a crawl, consider trying one of the smaller Linux versions (Damn Small Linux is particularly good, you can legally download it from the internet, and it runs off a CD, so you don't have to overwrite your disk drive to try it out). If that's a bit techie for you, no problem -- visit www.lug.org.uk and find a Linux user group near you (they pretty much cover the UK) and there'll be people who'll fall over themselves to help you.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

...VISTA is a bit of a problem for me,
    You and a few zillion others too! Personally I've made a decision that I'll not move to Vista, and I'll not help sort out anyone's machine with Vista on it (unless it's to reformat it and install something sane).

any Idea of a price,
    No idea, my usual method is to do a search on ebay using completed items (is that even possible on ebid?). Note the difference between red and green figures. Also click on some of the green ones to see what they really went for (eBay lately has been displaying lower figures sometimes on the search... bug or deliberate? dunno). If there's only a few in completed items don't be too discouraged -- with only 10 days to sell on ebay it can be such a gamble, whereas here you might sell after 3-4 weeks.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    You and a few zillion others too! Personally I've made a decision that I'll not move to Vista, and I'll not help sort out anyone's machine with Vista on it (unless it's to reformat it and install something sane).

No idea, my usual method is to do a search on ebay using completed items (is that even possible on ebid?). Note the difference between red and green figures. Also click on some of the green ones to see what they really went for (eBay lately has been displaying lower figures sometimes on the search... bug or deliberate? dunno). If there's only a few in completed items don't be too discouraged -- with only 10 days to sell on ebay it can be such a gamble, whereas here you might sell after 3-4 weeks.

lost all heart in EBAY, the funs gone, now almost every one is trying to steal something with a snipe,

those that are daft enough let their items go,

the other alternative is to list a a reasonable asking bid, but then you dont get any, so fees are paid, FOR NOWT,

think it will have to be here, and let it run with a fair price,

thanks for taking an interest and you input,

lost all heart in EBAY, the funs gone, now almost every one is trying to steal something with a snipe,

those that are daft enough let their items go,

the other alternative is to list a a reasonable asking bid, but then you dont get any, so fees are paid, FOR NOWT,

think it will have to be here, and let it run with a fair price,

thanks for taking an interest and you input,
    Hi QC, you misunderstand me -- I wasn't suggesting you LIST it on eBay, far from it. Just research the prices on there, so you can set something not too far below when you list it HERE.

If it was my laptop I was selling I'd list it here for a few weeks at that price, then drop by a fiver for another few weeks, then if I'd still had no joy I'd take it to eBay and start it there at 99p. I'd even tell people in the listing how I'd chosen the price and my plan.

I'm not sure, is it possible to research prices of completed auctions on eBid? It's a very useful facility, but I don't know how to do it here. If it turned out that lots of a similar item had already gone here for sensible prices, then I'd be happy to start at 99p here and take my chances, but without knowing otherwise I'd be too worried my laptop would go for silly money to a single bid.

Forum Diehard
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi QC, you misunderstand me -- I wasn't suggesting you LIST it on eBay, far from it. Just research the prices on there, so you can set something not too far below when you list it HERE.

If it was my laptop I was selling I'd list it here for a few weeks at that price, then drop by a fiver for another few weeks, then if I'd still had no joy I'd take it to eBay and start it there at 99p. I'd even tell people in the listing how I'd chosen the price and my plan.

I'm not sure, is it possible to research prices of completed auctions on eBid? It's a very useful facility, but I don't know how to do it here. If it turned out that lots of a similar item had already gone here for sensible prices, then I'd be happy to start at 99p here and take my chances, but without knowing otherwise I'd be too worried my laptop would go for silly money to a single bid.

Hi John

tried to research on e**y been NONE sold

that I could find,

SO how does this sound for list price,

to sell complette with the following,

docking station, extra plug in dvd, floppy, wireless card,
    soft carry case,

loaded with XP HOME, or a clean, reformated hard drive, buyers choice,

do that lot £265,

think it sounds about right,

Hi John

tried to research on e**y been NONE sold

that I could find,
    I've just taken a look and I agree, none exactly like yours. The best indication I can get is putting Toshiba Portege, completed items, then selecting the dropdown for cpu speed and taking under 400MHz.

Looks like you might get 50 quid, though there are a number of working Tosh's that didn't sell at 14.99 (possibly because they had no photo).

I'm not trying to beat down your price, I have no personal interest in this, I've more than enough computers of all ages around here as it is! You must do your own research and there could be factors that make a lot of difference that I'm unaware of.

I'm rather wary of putting XP on such a machine, I would have thought it would be very sluggish. Did it come with XP originally? Probably 98 would be my first thought (if I were sticking with Windows).

Good luck, anyhow.

Forum Diehard
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just taken a look and I agree, none exactly like yours. The best indication I can get is putting Toshiba Portege, completed items, then selecting the dropdown for cpu speed and taking under 400MHz.

Looks like you might get 50 quid, though there are a number of working Tosh's that didn't sell at 14.99 (possibly because they had no photo).

I'm not trying to beat down your price, I have no personal interest in this, I've more than enough computers of all ages around here as it is! You must do your own research and there could be factors that make a lot of difference that I'm unaware of.

I'm rather wary of putting XP on such a machine, I would have thought it would be very sluggish. Did it come with XP originally? Probably 98 would be my first thought (if I were sticking with Windows).

Good luck, anyhow.

Hi John thanks for quick reply,

it was bought with nothing on,

installed my own EP, its not slow, got no crap,

done everything I have wanted for the last 2 1/2 years,

I did buy the docking station with the extras at a later date, but never got round to using them,

are well its eating no meat, will list at the price I mentioned, if it goes, all well and good,

if not, may decide to sell the new one,

cheers anyway,

Thread Information