My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Trying to get my head around google base

Default Trying to get my head around google base

Right, I have read the very useful info from jimbo750 but still have a few questions.

Firstly I have 4 eBid stores. All my items are up as BIN. The main store is adult and has over 500 items. More on adult listings later. The other stores are much smaller (and not adult) with 99 items, 27 and 16.

From what I have read I would need 4 separate email address to list these separate stores separately? Is this correct?

Then I would need to download my eBid listings via the export listings function. Then, to do store one, I would have to remove from the spreadsheet all the items that are not in it. And then go thru the upload process as detailed by jimbo750. then repeat the process for the other stores. Is this correct?

Last question for the moment: If I upload items in this manner then they do not sell on google base, all sales will happen thru eBid and I therefore dont need to constantly check different email addresses for sale info. Is this correct?

Actually one more question: If I set up these different email addresses then is there a handy program that can bring them all together. If you know what I mean. I have a feeling that outlook does this but if there is a free non microsoft version I can download I would appreciate info on what is best to use. Currently I have one hotmail and one googlemail address. And I dont want to get rid of either.

Thanks for helping if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    Right, I have read the very useful info from jimbo750 but still have a few questions.

Firstly I have 4 eBid stores. All my items are up as BIN. The main store is adult and has over 500 items. More on adult listings later. The other stores are much smaller (and not adult) with 99 items, 27 and 16.

From what I have read I would need 4 separate email address to list these separate stores separately? Is this correct?
    As far as I'm aware yes

Then I would need to download my eBid listings via the export listings function. Then, to do store one, I would have to remove from the spreadsheet all the items that are not in it. And then go thru the upload process as detailed by jimbo750. then repeat the process for the other stores. Is this correct?
    If you download all your listings to a spreadsheet, if you select all, you can then sort by store number, you can then make another 3 copies, then remove from each spreadsheet the ones you don't want.

Last question for the moment: If I upload items in this manner then they do not sell on google base, all sales will happen thru eBid and I therefore dont need to constantly check different email addresses for sale info. Is this correct?
    All sales will take place through eBid.
    Actually one more question: If I set up these different email addresses then is there a handy program that can bring them all together. If you know what I mean. I have a feeling that outlook does this but if there is a free non microsoft version I can download I would appreciate info on what is best to use. Currently I have one hotmail and one googlemail address. And I dont want to get rid of either.

Thanks for helping if you can!
    You can try Thunderbird,
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thanks a lot! I will start trying to get my film shop sorted on there and then try the others.
    Thanks again!

Thread Information