eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Don't forget to join us in Second-Life tonight at 8pm UK time, for what promises to be a fun event to help get the eBid name out there!

We'll be walking (more likely running) along 'Route 66' which crosses a few dozen SIMs, taking in the variety of sights along the way, while wearing our newly updated eBid T-Shirts!

Don't be shy! We're a friendly lot, so if you havn't got a 'Second-Life' account yet, just google for it, and register today. you can contact us in-world later tonight. My name is Ignatius Lytton, and you can also contact Zarin Nightfire too!

Nosty! If you're reading this, it'd be great if you would care to join us. It promises to be fun!

A quick heads-up on how to walk//run in Second-Life. Movement is controlled by the arrows that control your cursor. Up/down/left/right. 'Up' makes you go forward. 'Down' backwards.. 'Left' and 'Right'.. well.. er.. they rotate you left and right. To 'Run', press Ctrl-R.

That's all there is to it, so come along tonight, help promote eBid and have fun at the same time!
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Well wasn't Saturday fun! I never knew there were so many places to have fun. I for one will be visiting some of those sims again. The snowball fight was hilarious, I wonder what that girl thought when we all turned up in eBid Tee shirts laughing and rolling in the snow! Anyway I think it was a big success, we got lots of enquires about what eBid was and a few signed up the the group too. A big THANK YOU to all those who made the effort to support the eBid Project! and joined in!

As if to prove the glitches happen when you least expect poor H had to do the walk as a cloud even after trying to "ruth" she couldn't get her body back. Anyway here we are all waiting to set off on our walk at the beginning of route 66.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lovetosell; 12th December 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: mistake

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone that attended too! Glad you all enjoyed it, and hope you'll stick around! Yep, for me too, the high-point of crossing around 30 SIMs was the snowball fight! That poor lady! She really didn't know what to make of us, did she? LOL. And yes, good that so many in-worlders were asking us about eBid too, and joining the group.

Glitch-of-the-Day is the 'Swimming' glitch. This one occurs when you teleport in, and land on something, or someone! you don't land on your feet, as you normally would, but appear floating in the air, almost horizontal, with arms and legs thrashing about as if you're swimming! (See photo below).

Thanks too for all the suggestions of glitches we haven't mentioned yet, - please feel free to post them, - especially if you have have a photo of the glitch, while wearing your eBid t-shirt.

Don't forget to pop along to Manderley the eBid Mall too, and check-out all the lovely decorations!

Name:  xxxxxxxt_008.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  144.5 KB
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Tonight's 'Glitch-of-the-Day' is quite common, but I couldn't resist posting this one, especially as it cropped up at the start of the 'eBid Walk' we did the other day. Known at the 'Werewolf Glitch', (can you tell why?) PS. I've included an old B&W photo to give a hint. I wonder who did her hairdo!

Name:  wolfwoman2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  169.0 KB

Ok if we are into the horror pics I have a good one for you. This is really rare, in fact this is the only time I've ever seen this glitch and I don't even have a name for it so I'll call it "face of terror" anyone with a nervous disposition look away now

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

LOL ---- That looks like I feel some mornings when I first get up --- sure glad I don't go look in the mirror just in case I 'am' a face of horror glitch.

Just throwing in a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Merry Christmas to you too Peggy! (You're NEVER the 'Face of horror!')

Today's glitch cannot be photographed. You really need to see it in-world. I'd say it's a 'distant-cousin' to the 'Riverdance Glitch' mentioned earlier.

It's variously referred to as the 'Max Headroom Glitch', the 'Woody Woodpecker Glitch', or the 'Wibble-Head Glitch'. You can be looking at something, minding your own business, when suddenly for no apparent reason, your head starts to jerk rapidly and repeatedly, similar to 'Max Headroom' from the TV Programme. Occasionally, while this is happening, anything you happen to be saying, gets repeated too, as if on a loop, so adding to the 'Max Headroom' analogy. There is really no 'cure', but to move! This one always causes great amusement to the other eBid Groupies when it happens!

Don't forget to check out the lovely decorations in Manderley, the eBid Mall, which is located in Narugo to the north. I'd like to thank everyone who helped make it this Christmassy and stunning, and also thank those for the great words of encouragement, and support for 'the Project' which will shortly be commencing its 5th year! It's a lot of hard work, and time, but well worth it. A Big Thank you to all who have helped make it what it is, and have helped to get the eBid name out there!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dropped by the other night and actually managed to find my way from Peggy's lovely church to the Mall

The decorations are delightful. I also had a sit down while I was there

Glad you managed to find the Mall again Moonwitch and got see the Christmas decorations, we hope everyone else enjoys them too.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

PS: If you come to the Mall, watch out for Frosty the Snowman! He tends to run around after you trying to get a hug!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

It was good to meet up with some more of the new eBidders in Second-Life the other day. It's good to see that we all have the same sense of humour too, and thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. We forgot to mention that the original Mall was built early 2008, but we constantly update and improve it, to make sure in-worlders new to eBid, notice it and can get information about eBid from the notecards.

Todays glitch is the 'Dreadlock Glitch'. A bit of a rarity, but I was fortunate enough to capture this one with my camera. It usually occurs when your hair hasn't fully 'appeared' when you first come on, or are about to crash! You can see the look of horror on my face when I noticed I had 'the glitch!'

Thread Information