eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

Just a quick update.

The eBid Project Group in SL has had to bring in a small 'joining fee' (in 'Linden Dollars') for those wishing to join the Group. This is to deter some within SL using it to advertise and promote their own sales. The eBid Group 'Chat', is for Project use only, by genuine eBid Members, not by SL'ers who have no interest in eBid whatsoever.

However, if anyone is interested in joining the Group, please send either Ignatius Lytton, Hiya Honi or Zarin Nightfire a message, and the fee will be waived, once we know that you are an eBid Member.

Many thanks for your understanding,

Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Just a quick update.

The eBid Project Group in SL has had to bring in a small 'joining fee' (in 'Linden Dollars') for those wishing to join the Group. This is to deter some within SL using it to advertise and promote their own sales. The eBid Group 'Chat', is for Project use only, by genuine eBid Members, not by SL'ers who have no interest in eBid whatsoever.

However, if anyone is interested in joining the Group, please send either Ignatius Lytton, Hiya Honi or Zarin Nightfire a message, and the fee will be waived, once we know that you are an eBid Member.

Many thanks for your understanding,

Simon.

I've just joined SL. Gosh this is great. Just learned to walk.. I could spend hours on this and to think its been going on this at least 2007 and i would never have known about it if wasn't for this thread. I will want to join the ebid group once i've found my way round but i've not been very original with my username !!!

Hi mrswilliam,

Good to know you have discovered Secondlife! If you IM me or Simon inworld we will send you an invite to join the eBid group. Of course we won't have any idea who you are, so please mention your eBid ID to us.

My inworld name is 'Zarin Nightfire' and Simon is 'Ignatius Lytton', you can also contact 'Hiya Honi', one of us is usually around to welcome newbies.

Looking forward to meeting you,

All the best

Wendy

Ta. I gave myself the name 'mrswilliam lapalina'... not very original I know but as usual i was impatient and didn't wait to give it a thought...and i know its too late to change it now. Anyway at the mo I am just getting my bearings but i gather i can only do some things if i pay up for a monthly subscription. Any way, i would love to join the ebid group but didn;t know how to find it so if you can send me a invite. that would be great.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Good to have you aboard mrswilliam! Welcome to Second-Life. I'll send you a 'Friend Request' and a 'Group Invite' too. hehehe I know what you mean about choosing SL names for your avatar. Believe me, I would probably NOT be 'Ignatius Lytton' if I had known I'd still be a 'Resident' in SL, for longer than the six weeks I'd first imagined. But a few of us went to SL, and enjoyed it so much, we stayed! LOL.

We look forward to meeting you in SL soon. Best wishes, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

It was good to get to meet you the other night 'mrswilliam'. We hope you enjoy Second-Life (and the eBid Project) as much as we do.

If you have any questions, just IM one of the core eBid Group, in-world.

Best wishes once again,

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    It was good to get to meet you the other night 'mrswilliam'. We hope you enjoy Second-Life (and the eBid Project) as much as we do.

If you have any questions, just IM one of the core eBid Group, in-world.

Best wishes once again,

Simon.

Hi there
    I've been in second life a few times, wondering aimlessly and not staying very long. I think i have just about managed to walk properly. Anyway, i can't find my way to the ebid group. I saw an invitation join it which I accepted but its not showing up so i don't know how to transport to it or how to send a message in-world. Could you send me a link again please.
    Ta
    Rangita

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi Rangita,

Did you receive the eBid Group Invite we sent a while back? Hope you got it OK. Let us know if not.

I hope you're enjoying Second-Life as much as we all do, and please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about SL, or the eBid Project.

All the best once again, Simon.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Happy New Year to everyone!

Found this, so just wondering if anyone on the Project recognises anyone in the video? (Answers on a Notecard please! LOL) All the best, Simon.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

The Second-Life eBid regulars have been requesting for over a year now, that we put together a 'catalogue' of the variety of highly-amusing glitches that occur in Second-Life. We've been putting it off, but in the run-up to Christmas, have decided now is as good a time as any, and one in particular, who will remain nameless was most keen that we did it. You know who you are! .

Those that have 'been there', please feel free to add with glitches you've experienced. Remember chaps, this is just a bit of fun for Christmas! I'll start the ball rolling with...

The 'Stairway to Heaven Glitch'. I think we've all experienced this one, usually at a SIM crossing point. The Avatar, walking on his (or her) merry way, suddenly find themselves walking up into the air, on 'nothing', at a 45 degree angle, - hence 'Stairway to Heaven'.

Thread Information