eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 80 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3070717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon

Really pleased to hear the SL group is doing so well.

As you know I joined SL a few years ago. Unfortunately my computer did not have the graphics power to run the client app to actually enter the SL world, and sales since then have only continued down a long slippery decline, thus I still don't have the computer hardware to get involved. One day it will happen, but I have no idea when.

I'd love to be able to get in and see what you've done with the eBid project, it sounds great, and I hope it continues to grow for you all.

Best regards
    Gaz

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

That seems to be its biggest problem. Just wondering if someone could not make a promo video and put it on youtube so you have a promo video and people on here that can't get on can see it.

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    Hi Simon

Really pleased to hear the SL group is doing so well.

As you know I joined SL a few years ago. Unfortunately my computer did not have the graphics power to run the client app to actually enter the SL world, and sales since then have only continued down a long slippery decline, thus I still don't have the computer hardware to get involved. One day it will happen, but I have no idea when.

I'd love to be able to get in and see what you've done with the eBid project, it sounds great, and I hope it continues to grow for you all.

Best regards
    Gaz
    Hi Gaz,

I cannot believe that this is the second anniversary of my initial posting about the Project. Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Many thanks for your kind words of encouragement about the Project. Initially, I too had problems with my graphics card getting me on SL. After tinkering with the Graphics Settings in SL's preferences, and setting the Programme 'Compatibility Mode' to run in 'Windows 98' (or maybe '95' LOL, can't remember now), I did get it to work. (Also, if you haven't got it to work before, it may work now, because Lindens are constantly bringing out updated versions of the 'Viewer', so it's always worth a try again after downloading the latest 'Viewer').

It's always well worth a go setting the 'Graphics' to 'Low' too, within the SL 'Preferences', as sometimes this can make all the difference, and for those not on SL, it really is worth all the messing about, to get on there.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    That seems to be its biggest problem. Just wondering if someone could not make a promo video and put it on youtube so you have a promo video and people on here that can't get on can see it.
    It would be great if someone could do a video of the Mall area. I'm not sure how that's done, but if anyone out there has any ideas, or knows of someone that can do this, please feel free to put a posting up here. There used to be a 'video' option on the SL Window, but that's been gone now for sometime.

These last few months, the 'core' Group of the Project, has been working on Building Projects, on a Freelance basis, and being paid in L$ for our work. All that we earn, is put towards the monthly land tier fees that Linden Labs charge us for the land that the Mall with the adverts, stands upon. We are currently working on two other Commission 'builds' to raise L$.

We have a few ideas in the pipeline, for a 'Mall revamp' to keep the area interesting, and to maintain traffic in the area. This is scheduled for early New Year, all being well, and should set the foundation for year three.

Many thanks once again for the continued interest in the Project.

Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone who has helped support 'The Project!' over the last 12 Months!

The Group wishes you all a very happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

I've just joined SL, not sure what I'm doing yet, but I'll soon work it out. I think

Specvinyl Bumblefoot my name.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpecVinyl View Post
    I've just joined SL, not sure what I'm doing yet, but I'll soon work it out. I think

Specvinyl Bumblefoot my name.
    Welcome aboard Specvinyl...

If you have any questions, or if you have any trouble finding Manderley Mall, please ask away on here, and someone will be sure to help out.

All the best for the New Year,

Simon.

Default We're Still here!

Hi everyone!

I'd just like to remind you all that we are still working hard to promote eBid on Second Life.

Simon and I have been busy earning money in -world to fund the project, I'd like to think we still have some support from all you people out there in eBid land!

Kind regards
    Wendy

(Zarin Nightfire)

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi!

Yes, the Project is still running, and there is still interest in eBid 'in-world', (in 'Second-Life'), though sadly less in the Project by eBidders themselves!

The adverts are still available for sale on eBid, so if you're wishing to promote your eBid listings, this is a great, and cost effective way to do it. As Wendy said, we're both working hard earning L$ to help to fund it all, as 'land' costs money.

If anyone has any questions about any aspect of the 'Second-Life eBid Project', which has been running since late 2007, then please feel free to ask.

All the best, Simon / rupert691

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."

View KraftyKove's Feedback (+76)
    All-About KraftyKove
    View KraftyKove's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    I've just joined the SL community and although I am a Mega Newbie at all this I am already addicted!!!

If anyone wants to find me to add me to the group I am Krafty Quar on SL

BB

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KraftyKove View Post
    Hi,
    I've just joined the SL community and although I am a Mega Newbie at all this I am already addicted!!!

If anyone wants to find me to add me to the group I am Krafty Quar on SL

BB
    Nice one Krafty!

We look forward to saying 'Hi' to you 'in-world'. Any questions, just send Ignatius Lytton, Zarin Nightfire or Hiya Honi an IM.

Best wishes,

Simon

Thread Information