eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    Really sorry you had to leave us lottie. Experience wasn't too good tonight though as it all seemed a bit buggy. We all gave up with it!!
    Aha! I'ts just dawned on me where the bottom of the Little Red Riding Hood avatar went! It's probably one of the casualties of Linden Inventory Loss! I'll have to email support, and ask if I can have my Little Red Riding Hood bottom-bit back!
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Think you're right about the red riding hood! We got a message saying not to use any inventory items. But it was still running.

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Hi guys,
    Great picture.
    If there is an inventory problem maybe thats what happened to my hair lol !!!
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    Think you're right about the red riding hood! We got a message saying not to use any inventory items. But it was still running.
    Yes. I got that message too. But couldn't tell anyone, because I only received it once I crashed out.

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Great picture.
    If there is an inventory problem maybe thats what happened to my hair lol !!!
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Yes, I bet that's it. LOL!

As you said earlier, it'd be good if we could organise some events, and raise some L$, and then we can keep our eyes open for any half-decent land, where we would get a lot of Custom (and maybe put a Mall up with a nice big 'eBid' sign above it. Maybe on a BIG floating, rotating box. Or a large 'auction hammer'). The busiest areas are the best for Customers (obvioulsy) and these tend to be near the 'Telehubs' where we 'port to, but you have to way this up against the fact that the more 'Residents' in the area, the greater the lag, so some people will avoid that area. (Anything 'busy', movement of any sort in fact, causes lag). A paradox really . I forgot to say, I went to Salzburg and Vienna earlier today, and there is lots of nice shops and freebies there, and seems to have good through traffic. There are so many areas though, and many more to find, I'm sure! (I'll leave that to you, Lovetosell LOL! You've covered more ground in three days, than I have in a year!) We'll all need to keep our eyes open, earn money and eventually have a vote! LOL!

Nice to be able to have fun, AND promote eBid at the same time!

Best wishes, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

second life was discussed on Radio 2 today (Steve Wright show) by comedian Jimmy Carr. apparently he puts on comedy show there!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    second life was discussed on Radio 2 today (Steve Wright show) by comedian Jimmy Carr. apparently he puts on comedy show there!
    Interesting!

If we could find it, we could ''turn up' wearing eBid t-shirts, - that may even get a mention on the Radio too! LOL! Hey, wouldn't it be great if one of us could find his 'virtual self', and give him an eBid Group Invite. I'll search the 'Residents' when I get a chance! (Anything to promote eBid! )

It might even make a good, and unusual subject for an eBid 'Press Release'. Just a thought.

Thanks for that Hanna. Much appreciated!

All the best, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 20th December 2007 at 08:16 PM.

Default Jimmy Carr

Jimmy Carr did a live performance in SL on 3rd Feb 2007 I cannot find any other references to him.

I wonder if it is a past performance or someone has the year date wrong in which case it could be next year!

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    There is a 3 page article about second life in the latest issue of ComputerActive magazine - I haven't read it yet as it only arrived on the doormat today - going to read it now before sleep!

Ooo could give me funny dreams I suppose! But seeing as i haven't got the PC power to get on - wonder if my brain is up to it!! LOL!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    There is a 3 page article about second life in the latest issue of ComputerActive magazine - I haven't read it yet as it only arrived on the doormat today - going to read it now before sleep!
    Ooo could give me funny dreams I suppose! But seeing as i haven't got the PC power to get on - wonder if my brain is up to it!! LOL!
    Hi Jo Thanks for the info. Sounds interesting! You never know, it may give you some hints to get 'in world'! I think there may be a new SL version out soon, so that may be worth a try, - each one is supposed to be less bug-ridden than the previous one! LOL! It'd be good for you, because you could have 'virtual' versions of your cards up in a shop and get promotion for your eBid products like that, so it would work well. This is what I'm hoping to do with my Posters.

Tess, thanks for your IMs the other day! Great to hear from you! I still can't figure out how you managed to contact me like that though! You are a true Genius!

A couple of new 'Residents' 'over there', are also interested in eBid. One more has joined the SL eBid Group, and is very friendly, so we may well see some new faces on here early new year. SL Newbies especially, are very interested in eBid, especially those that have told me (without any prompting from me, I assure you!) that FeePay has deteriorated. Feedback about the information about eBid, which I've distributed to them via Notecards, has been quite encouraging too.

If anyone has any ideas for fund-raising/eBid promo sessions 'in world', it'd be great to hear from you! (As I understand it, IF we had our own piece of land, and had lots of Residents on this land for a meeting, or fund-raising event, or whatever, the eBid Group would then start to earn L$s just for the Residents being there! It's called 'Dwell' apparently, and is something to do with promoting SL, by getting members involved in anything that's likely to bring them back). The more I find out about the way SL works, the more opportunities I think there are.

Some of us are exploring in our spare time, looking for various locations for possible rental potential, or if the right piece of land comes up...... Lovetosell has found a great new club that's opening up next week in a relatively deserted area. We spoke to the owner briefly, - he's put a lot of work into the club, and he seems positive that the area will develop. There are a few shops there already, and lots of large signs stating 'Your Logo Here' , so will keep everyone updated on this area.

So the plan is as soon as we have enough L$, and find the right location, or locations, start building, and putting up eBid signs, 'selling' virtual items and also getting more to join eBid!

Many thanks once again for the updates, and info.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year, Simon.

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    Come on you lot.Instead of arguing on the kichen table come and join us in the SL Ebid group.
    Its fun and Ebid promotional at the same time.
    If your desk top cant hack it try a lap top in your house.Thats what i did, and it worked.
    Such side aching fun to be had !!!!
    I have just spent an extremely pleasant evening with two gorgeous ebidders......
    Sooo much fun i cannot tell.......
    A girl that is simply beautiful and foxy!!! AND not forgetting........for you ladies.....a real tiger of a guy !!!!
    We need your help by gaining more members and getting together funds to buy or rent an Ebid property,not real money.
    So please join.
    You dont know what youre missing.
    Kind regards.
    Michaela aka SL Lottie 2005 Anthony.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lottie2005; 30th December 2007 at 05:12 AM.

Thread Information