eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2767686970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

I don't get SL seems too complicated for me
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    I don't think it has to be that complicated, if you don't want it to be, you could just use it like a high tech version of a forum, with a little more interaction.

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    I don't think it has to be that complicated, if you don't want it to be, you could just use it like a high tech version of a forum, with a little more interaction.

Hi hotandvintage,

Yes, you're right really. But there can be a lot more interaction. In fact here is a quote from our very own Peggy, from way back on 14th December 2007 from the beginning of this thread, when the Project commenced. "I think that sounds like it might be a good idea but I am wondering if it is basically a forum with graphics." I think I'm safe in saying that Peggy found it to be so much more than just a forum, and had a great time building her Church, as well as earning a LOT of L$ for the Group to buy land. The Church was the first time she had ever built anything in SL, and it has to be seen to be believed!
    You can just start with walking around and meeting people, exploring, attending concerts, virtual shopping etc. Once you get the hang on that, if you feel you want to take things further, you can rent a shop and make items to sell for L$, and learn to build. Then it all becomes second nature. There have been many, many situations that could only have occured in SL, and some have made me laugh more than anything in 'real-life'! (Just ask Peggy or Wendy about the 'flower emitter' when we could hardly speak for laughing!)

You would be amazed at the amount of people we have met in SL, that said that they would never build under any circumstances, but now they are, and enjoying it greatly, and making some very high quality items. One of the Groups friends that we met in SL, made a replica of a neighbour's house. There is so much to do, that I can't really do it justice in a few words.

Best thing is to try it.. all the best, Simon
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi hotandvintage,

Yes, you're right really. But there can be a lot more interaction. In fact here is a quote from our very own Peggy, from way back on 14th December 2007 from the beginning of this thread, when the Project commenced. "I think that sounds like it might be a good idea but I am wondering if it is basically a forum with graphics." I think I'm safe in saying that Peggy found it to be so much more than just a forum, and had a great time building her Church, as well as earning a LOT of L$ for the Group to buy land. The Church was the first time she had ever built anything in SL, and it has to be seen to be believed!
    You can just start with walking around and meeting people, exploring, attending concerts, virtual shopping etc. Once you get the hang on that, if you feel you want to take things further, you can rent a shop and make items to sell for L$, and learn to build. Then it all becomes second nature. There have been many, many situations that could only have occured in SL, and some have made me laugh more than anything in 'real-life'! (Just ask Peggy or Wendy about the 'flower emitter' when we could hardly speak for laughing!)

You would be amazed at the amount of people we have met in SL, that said that they would never build under any circumstances, but now they are, and enjoying it greatly, and making some very high quality items. One of the Groups friends that we met in SL, made a replica of a neighbour's house. There is so much to do, that I can't really do it justice in a few words.

Best thing is to try it.. all the best, Simon
    Yeah I see it has a lot more to it but was just trying to point out that, you can make use of as much or as little of the complicated stuff as you feel comfortable with, and if they wanted to start at the bottom level it would be possible to just use it as a forum, and not worry about the complicated stuff.

We have a lot of people of different ages, backgrounds, and technical abilities, so I just thought it would be good to point out that there is still some chance for those that just want to see their friends and see what people are talking about.
    It is not that complicated to do the basics, load up and find the store, (especially with that link provided,) then anyone can walk around and take a look at things was my main point.

One last point any chance you could all reduce the size of the images, you are posting, as it can get annoying having to read sideways.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,

Second Life to me ---

It is much like an animated forum or messenger when two or more people just wish to visit or find out information from others. As with forums one usually only knows about the other person what they have told you and it may or may not be even close to be the truth or what or who they really are. I also find like with forums and messengers it is RL people with RL feelings they are often trying to get across to others so in reality as far 'just' talking with other people it is pretty much a forum or messenger. Like forums you can make many new friends some of which can last a lifetime.

Also it is much like online computer games in the fact that there are many places in SL where you can play games either by yourself or with others.

If you wish to just be alone and not desiring to talk or be with anyone else it can be much like a computer picture program where you can design items with or without animation. Or it can be more like going to a museum or art gallery by interacting with a TV as you can just stroll around from place to place to see the work that been achieved in building things. I was quite taken in with the place (I believe it was in England) that someone had reconstructed on SL. If you don't want to be alone take a friend on the journey with you.

SL life appears to be becoming an important part of RL business life where they join their AVs together in a meeting room or place of their choice and have a voice conference. Schools and hospitals are finding it a great place to help you get educated. I enjoyed going to church services held on SL.

Just like RL there is a side of SL life I don't enjoy (I don't enjoy it in RL either) and that is what I consider being immoral. Pretty much if I don't like something in RL then I don't like it in SL either and vice versa. I do appreciate that Lindens are attempting to help those who don't care for that part by making it harder to accidentally go where it is. They have those sections set to where people have to manually verify their avatar to enter.

Very much like hotandvintage is saying --- like anything else you do have to be able to get started but then it is something you can start easily with the basics and as you become more comfortable do more.

I needed to spend less time on SL because I was needing more than my fingers getting RL activity. In other words I needed to get away from my computer for my activity. I enjoy the fact that I can have my church in SL (thanks to you and Wendy) for others to enjoy and a doorway to my More Than Time web site without having to be on SL every day and RL expenses.

I have made some wonderful RL friends during my time spent in SL.

One last point any chance you could all reduce the size of the images, you are posting, as it can get annoying having to read sideways.

Hi hotandvintage,

I know some of the pics do seem to be pretty large and maybe overrun the area a little but bringing them down to size only seems to help a little. Look at my posting with the picture of the church. I uploaded a picture I thought would be a great size to fit but it seems that when it is uploaded and eBid attaches it to the post the size of their attachment is much larger and still takes it out of bounds. Maybe eBid will change the size of their area.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Hi Simon,

Second Life to me ---

It is much like an animated forum or messenger when two or more people just wish to visit or find out information from others. As with forums one usually only knows about the other person what they have told you and it may or may not be even close to be the truth or what or who they really are. I also find like with forums and messengers it is RL people with RL feelings they are often trying to get across to others so in reality as far 'just' talking with other people it is pretty much a forum or messenger. Like forums you can make many new friends some of which can last a lifetime.

Also it is much like online computer games in the fact that there are many places in SL where you can play games either by yourself or with others.

If you wish to just be alone and not desiring to talk or be with anyone else it can be much like a computer picture program where you can design items with or without animation. Or it can be more like going to a museum or art gallery by interacting with a TV as you can just stroll around from place to place to see the work that been achieved in building things. I was quite taken in with the place (I believe it was in England) that someone had reconstructed on SL. If you don't want to be alone take a friend on the journey with you.

SL life appears to be becoming an important part of RL business life where they join their AVs together in a meeting room or place of their choice and have a voice conference. Schools and hospitals are finding it a great place to help you get educated. I enjoyed going to church services held on SL.

Just like RL there is a side of SL life I don't enjoy (I don't enjoy it in RL either) and that is what I consider being immoral. Pretty much if I don't like something in RL then I don't like it in SL either and vice versa. I do appreciate that Lindens are attempting to help those who don't care for that part by making it harder to accidentally go where it is. They have those sections set to where people have to manually verify their avatar to enter.

Very much like hotandvintage is saying --- like anything else you do have to be able to get started but then it is something you can start easily with the basics and as you become more comfortable do more.

I needed to spend less time on SL because I was needing more than my fingers getting RL activity. In other words I needed to get away from my computer for my activity. I enjoy the fact that I can have my church in SL (thanks to you and Wendy) for others to enjoy and a doorway to my More Than Time web site without having to be on SL every day and RL expenses.

Hi hotandvintage,

I know some of the pics do seem to be pretty large and maybe overrun the area a little but bringing them down to size only seems to help a little. Look at my posting with the picture of the church. I uploaded a picture I thought would be a great size to fit but it seems that when it is uploaded and eBid attaches it to the post the size of their attachment is much larger and still takes it out of bounds. Maybe eBid will change the size of their area.
    The church one is not a problem, as it is only 600X421, The one above is a little larger, and is still not a problem at 640X480 but the one at the top which is 877X620. If they tried to adjust the page it would mean cutting out the adds to peoples stuff on the side, and the images are being put in as code, so it would be hard to make them adjust automatically.

The quality of those images shown though, no wonder they are using them to make videos, and they really give the sense of the place.

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

Sorry for the flying visit had some stuff to do out here. I see you added some seats.

One question

What are the limes doing on the roof?

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I couldn't get any interaction at all...I turned up and the place was totally deserted and couldn't find a way of getting to anywhere else there...I feel like I am stuck in limbo

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I couldn't get any interaction at all...I turned up and the place was totally deserted and couldn't find a way of getting to anywhere else there...I feel like I am stuck in limbo
    I'm on Secondlife most of the time during UK daytime except when Real Life becomes more important. Give me a shout next time you're on

Cathy
    Georgia Caerndow

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Hi Simon,

Second Life to me ---

Hi hotandvintage,

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Try going in about seven there was people there then. When I was in after twelve it was empty, so no idea what time everyone packs up.

You just use your search for what ever you are interested in or if you sign into your website you can get lists of things and places you are interested in and go to them through there. Make sure you select adult, or it seems most things are cut out.

The only problem I found was I may switch back to using my other name, as the hotandvintage one seems to attract french woman for some reason, and yes I ran away like a little girl.

If you click home and go to the grass start up area, there is a selection of boards where you can get lists of places to visit and other stuff.

Or you could always try and either meet up with someone or try contact them when you are there.
    If you type in ebid in the search, the people involved in it will come up, and I think you can message them through there.

And I was wrong it is not like a forum, but more like an instant messaging system, which kills me every time, as my typing skills are not that great and this keyboard drops more letters than an old typewriter

Still think it would be interesting if you have the time, so maybe you could PM cathycathy0 and arrange to meet up, as you may find it easier with a guide.

Thread Information