eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotoad View Post
    Evening Simon!

Please feel free to add my links - I'd be very grateful for the extra publicity (don't bother with the Christmas Cabin though as that'll be going offline soon for obvious reasons )

Can't spare any time tonight but I'll try to pay a prolonged visit to SL either tomorrow or Wednesday to see what's what.

Might see one or two of you there...

Matt
    Hi Matt!

Thanks for that. The more the merrier! Now adding yours to the list.

LOL! Great! I may 'see' your 'vitual' self over there in the next couple of evenings. (Don't forget, you should be able to contact other Group members, through the 'Groups' settings, and easily see which are online in SL).

Also any SL eBid members, please feel free to offer 'invites' to anyone that you meet 'over there', that may be interested in joing the Group and eBid. If they're not eBidders yet, but may be interested, add them at the Group level marked 'POTENTIAL'. Those that are already eBidders, I'm adding to the 'OFFICERS' level (of course ).

Just to explain, 'POTENTIAL' level, doesn't have the same abilities to change settings within the Gruop, as Officers, and I thought, as we don't really know much about some of the 'Potentials', it's not a good idea to allow them to alter Group settings. (I'm still getting to grips with the whole Group thing, - printed off five pages of instructions about Groups the other days. Quite involved. LOL!)

All the best, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 17th December 2007 at 11:21 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi Jo,

Most strangely of all, I had to set the 'compatibility' of SL to 'Windows 95' and this stopped mine from crashing. (This is done by right-clicking the SL Prog Shortcut - or prog itself, then 'Properties', 'Compatibility' Tab, and 'Windows 95' Compatibility Mode from the pull-down menu. ('Check' the box, too)

Another thing, is to check your Video Drivers are up to date, and if you get 'jerky' frames in SL, make the window a bit smaller.
    Hi Simon

Well I have tried again another 4 times and it still keeps crasahing on me!

I have looked into the support pages and I feel pretty sure that it is my video card: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR - on their list it said if you have any of these words in your Display Settings box referring to your video card that it probably won't work as they haven't had enough of them to test on to make them work.

I feel all left out now!!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    Hi Simon

Well I have tried again another 4 times and it still keeps crasahing on me!

I have looked into the support pages and I feel pretty sure that it is my video card: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR - on their list it said if you have any of these words in your Display Settings box referring to your video card that it probably won't work as they haven't had enough of them to test on to make them work.

I feel all left out now!!
    Hi Jo,

I'm really sorry to hear that . It is frustrating and disheartening, and if it's on their list of 'incompatibles', then it doesn't sound hopeful.

I have to admit though, that I almost gave up with the whole thing when I couldn't get on SL.

There are still a few things you could try, which are straightforward though.

Assuming you can get the SL Prog to open, (don't worry about actually logging on yet), when the log-on screen appears, there are some options that will appear in the 'Preferences' section, when you click 'Preferences'.

1. Make sure the 'Graphics' are set to 800x600 Resolution, - that's what I'm using, because it's the lowest, and causes less jerkyness on the screen.

2. Set the 'Draw Distace' to minimum (64, I think)

3. Then, in the 'Graphics Detail' side tab, set 'Avatar Rendering' to 'Normal'. Then the following:-

4. 'Lighting Detail' - 'Sun and Moon Only'

5. 'Terrain detail' - 'Low'

6. Put all the sliders to the left. If it does work, you can always move them along to the right a bit, to increase the detail.

7. Then on the 'Advanced Graphics' side tab, set the correct amount of memory for your card.

If all else fails, you could change to 256 Colours, in the 'Compatibility' bit I mentioned earlier, with the 'Windows 95' Dropdown box. 256 Colours wouldn't make for a good experience, but it may just work.

If I think of anything else that may help, I'll let you know. I'd hate to think of someone missing out on SL (that wants to give it a try), not just because of the eBid Group, but because it's such an interesting experience and can be fun and hilarious at times, (if you're 'into' that sort of thing).

Maybe Jimbo could offer some suggestions, if he's about, and reading this. JIMBO!!!! (Maybe he will hear me! LOL!)

Another update: I went back to the 'beach' next to the 'bar' (where I was almost kicked out from a few days ago); earlier this evening, and 'danced' earning another L$ 34, while I was tidying up my Inventory! How 'cheeky' is that? LOL!

Also, 'Notecard V2' (with the SL eBid Members Store links on, was updated, and sent out to all members earlier this evening). Please let me know if anyone didn't receive them.

All the best, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 18th December 2007 at 04:26 AM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

My graphics card is supposed to be compatable- but i still couldn't log on. I think i'll watch from the sidelines untill SL sort out some of these glytches and improve accessibility. Meanwhile I still think it's a good idea that will probably be even better in 6 months time.

Hi Simon, Thanks for all your support - I will try and give it a go later on in the week when I have some more time!

Appreciate your help!!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    My graphics card is supposed to be compatable- but i still couldn't log on. I think i'll watch from the sidelines untill SL sort out some of these glytches and improve accessibility. Meanwhile I still think it's a good idea that will probably be even better in 6 months time.
    Hi Hanna,

I'm sorry to hear that you still can't get on SL. Linden Labs (who 'do' SL, are always updating the Client Programme (on average, once a month, - or so it seems), and ironing out Bugs and sorting updates, so it is possible it may work sometime in the future. Not much consolation for you at the moment though. It would be in Linden Labs interest to make more Graphic Cards work, and make those that are supposed to work, actually work, because this could mean more Premium Accounts, so more money for Linden Labs. I really appreciate your support for the Project though. (One other thing I've just thought of, you've probably tried it, but just in case..... Sometimes 'Checking' or 'Unchecking' the 'Autodetect Graphics Hardware on Startup', in the 'Graphics' (or 'Advanced Graphics' Tab, in the 'Preferences' at the botom of the Log-in Screen, will do the trick). I'm sure there's an answer out there for these problems, and just searching on 'Google Groups' for 'Second Life Graphic Card Problem' brings up lots of probs. Was going through them last night, but couldn't find anything specific. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    Hi Simon, Thanks for all your support - I will try and give it a go later on in the week when I have some more time!

Appreciate your help!!
    Hi Jo,

I really feel frustrated (on both of your behalfs), - I know what it's like, - I've 'been there'. It may be worth trying the ''Autodetect Graphics Hardware on Startup' thing (mentioned above).

I thought this may make you smile. It's a SL Snapshot I took earlier. If it was my eBid T-shirt that almost got me thrown out of a certain place in SL a few days ago, do you think they'd object to this?

Last edited by rupert691; 18th December 2007 at 09:49 PM.

You didn't try and gatecrash a Google party did you
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Er...Tess Wezzog here ...LOL...

Have a click...You know you want to...

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi,
    I have been going into SL over the past few days.It is ok until i go to do something ie teleport or claim free money etc and then it crashes.I have tried the above mentioned fixes but my computer doesnt like me to do anything but wander round.I will try again tomorrow.I have a sore throat with cursing my computer !!!
    Kind regards,
    Michaela aka SL Lottie 2005 Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking Night out in SL

I had a side splitting night out with Simon in SL last night. We took some photo's to share with everyone.

We were experimenting with our avatars

Thats me as the zebra and Simon is the frog prince!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information