eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Oh I have Tel: 0123456789 just hope my virtual missus don't find out
    Your virtual missus is probably alright! It's the virtual Mother-in-Laws you should worry about!
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Evening all!

Just a thought. If anyone has any SL-related articles (especially those about RL Compaines using SL for Promotion), that they are prepared to scan, and put online, with a link to the pic in this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Due to several requests, I've (very reluctantly, I may add!) found up one of last night's SL pics. (The Group tends to spend the daytime in discussion, meetings, earning L$ and building experiments etc., and the night clubbing, while STILL discussing ideas, just to save time!).

Best wishes, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Simon can I suggest using a differnt host for pictures than Imageshack it is so slow. I switched to using Photobucket.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Simon can I suggest using a differnt host for pictures than Imageshack it is so slow. I switched to using Photobucket.
    Thanks Ken. I used to use Photobucket for ages. Then they suddenly announced they were going to start charging for it, if you had over a certain amount of pics (when originally they had promised it would be free forever and paid for by advertising), and although I don't think they ever did bring in charges, it sort of put me off using it after a long period of loyalty. So that's why I went over to Imageshack. I'll try it again next time. I should still have my Photobucket account, if I can find the details up. (You may have to talk me though the various links though. LOL! It's been a long while).

Sorry if I'm rambling , just got back from partying in virtual Knightsbridge!

Thanks a lot Ken, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 8th January 2008 at 04:16 AM.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for last night, guys, it was a blast. I'm probably relieved that it crashed when it did or I might still be in there.

I'll check it out more later today but I think I've a long way to go before I know what I'm doing there. I've told myself that I'm not allowed into SL before I've got a certain amount of work done in RL first. I'm worried I get totally hooked and create a massive SL empire while the RL one disintigrates.

Might be better if my contribution was financial at the moment rather than slow you down on the building front by baby-sitting me.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi CMJewels and all Ebid SL ers,
    It was great to see you last night,Peggy too.I dont normally stay on SL so late but it was great to chat.I just go on when i can RL allowing.
    Simon,re photobucket I use it all the time and havent been asked to pay.I have to periodically clear old stock photos though as it slows it.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela. SL Lottie2005Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Time investment

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    HI Rupert and Others How is the MALL going? Well in SL what would attract me personnally is Something a bit different from your normal sort of Swirl environments. Like the hippy environment I found! Perhaps some sort of Alien theme? Anyway I wish you guys the best of luck in building the Empire and will be back to have another look in three months time. Like CMEJewels I have to balance how much time in the RW against SL and at the moment RL wins 90% to 10% And I am of No use in there as YOU taught me everything I know which is just slowing down your own Learning curve! It surprised me just how few people we're about in the different places therefore at this time I don't think its worth my time to Create and learn about Sl. I think it IS the future and Needs to be looked at!
    The project is coming along quite nicely, as you will appreciate it is a new concept to all involved so will take time.

Nosty the way we are intending to set this project up means, that no one but the main group will have to spend any time in SL if they can't or don't want to.

The only investment they will need to make is to buy advertising and we will do the rest! So everyone will get the opportunity to be part of this evergrowing empire!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rednosty,
    If you wish to establish a hippie commune with an alien theme go a head and buy an island for yourself and we will all visit it when you have built it.
    As Wendy says there has to be no work involved for Ebidders,just the main four.Then if ebidders wish they can advertise,simple as.....
    Good luck with your island.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    Thanks for last night, guys, it was a blast. I'm probably relieved that it crashed when it did or I might still be in there.

I'll check it out more later today but I think I've a long way to go before I know what I'm doing there. I've told myself that I'm not allowed into SL before I've got a certain amount of work done in RL first. I'm worried I get totally hooked and create a massive SL empire while the RL one disintigrates.

Might be better if my contribution was financial at the moment rather than slow you down on the building front by baby-sitting me.
    Hi Claire,

It was really great to meet up last night! Welcome aboard! Probably the best thing, is for us to all try and meet up a little later, and we'll do a quick tour of some of the more interesting locations in SL (just to show you what's possible), skating, shopping, building etc. and show you the Mall (if I can spare 30mins to take it down again! LOL).

Re. Financial contributions, - any L$ donated to the Project, would most gratefully be accepted. The sooner we have more L$, the sooner we can get the land sorted. We will all be very happy to show you how to builid, (the basics). Some are naturals, some aren't LOL! I'm sure she won't mind me saying, but Wendy has a particular gift, for guessing how things work, and then finding out she's right! Much of it is experimentation! (I have a 'gift' for working something out, and then ten minutes later, forgetting how I did it!)

Hope to catch up with you in-world later! All the best, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    HI Rupert and Others How is the MALL going? Well in SL what would attract me personnally is Something a bit different from your normal sort of Swirl environments. Like the hippy environment I found! Perhaps some sort of Alien theme? Anyway I wish you guys the best of luck in building the Empire and will be back to have another look in three months time. Like CMEJewels I have to balance how much time in the RW against SL and at the moment RL wins 90% to 10% And I am of No use in there as YOU taught me everything I know which is just slowing down your own Learning curve! It surprised me just how few people we're about in the different places therefore at this time I don't think its worth my time to Create and learn about Sl. I think it IS the future and Needs to be looked at!
    Hi Nosty,

All we need now, is the land (and to hear from Mark or Gazza to check some details, which I'd asked about), and we can progress the project. We're not too far short for buying it now, as we're all earning L$.

There are alien areas which may suit you, in SL.

We have many plans for the virtual eBid Building/Mall, and all it will take is the time, and a few L$, of those willing, to carry them out. As previously stated, we will hold events of many different types to draw Residents in to the building.

Also, you have to understand, that the areas we took you to, were deliberately comparatively free of residents.Some areas are so full you can barely move. Most Residents are in the US too, so there's the time difference, but virtual stores can sell items 24 hours a day, without the need to be there. We can draw Residents in to our Mall, when the time comes. That is easy enough once we get the marketing off the ground. Competitions, and L$ Prizes WILL bring people in.

As Wendy mentions, NO eBidders will HAVE to spend time there setting up their store, if they don't want to! We will do that, if required, and send a SL photo of the finished result. Remember, in my initial posting, I stated that there was no obligation at all, (although we'd like people to join the Group, and they are). Some want to help out, and others don't. That's fair enough. I'm not going to try and convince you that SL is right for you. I never expected SL to suit everyone. Everyone involved in the Project at the highest level, without exception, has expressed great interest and enthusiasm.

Now, by far this most significant point of the whole Project, is that I have made many more sales on eBid since I've been on SL, and, I have to say, one or two of the others have also told me their sales have increased too. This is what it's all about.

Thank you for your good wishes anyway Nosty. (Hope you meant it! LOL! )

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi CMJewels and all Ebid SL ers,
    It was great to see you last night,Peggy too.I dont normally stay on SL so late but it was great to chat.I just go on when i can RL allowing.
    Simon,re photobucket I use it all the time and havent been asked to pay.I have to periodically clear old stock photos though as it slows it.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela. SL Lottie2005Anthony
    Hi Michaela, Thanks for the heads up on PB then, - will definitely try it again! LOL! (Went to a club in Knightsbridge after you left last night, (on my own I hasten to add! honest!), and met a group of really friendly residents there. Amazing! Do you know, EVERY one of them said goodnight, and said they were glad I'd dropped by, and hoped to see me again soon! Isn't that great!

Catch up with you all very soon! Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 8th January 2008 at 02:40 PM.

Is there a way that us RL mortals can proved the L$ Simon
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information