eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Forum Newbie
    All-About FertileEarth
    View FertileEarth's Listings
    Forum Posts

i just read the post how fun!!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi fertileEarth,
    SL is good fun but also Ebid promotional.You are more than welcome to meet us in SL and see if you would be intrested in joining our Ebid group.Especially if you are going to be selling soon.We are pretty adaptable time zone wise as to when we can go into SL.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela SL LOTTIE 2005 ANTHONY
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

A quick progress report on Project SL.

'Lovetosell' has found an interesting piece of land, that has great possibilities for the Promotion of eBid and our own listings and Stores. It is in a region of Second-Life which is surrounded by a variety of many large Business properties, which will help bring us all more Buyers in, though eBid. (The more traffic, the more the sales)

The piece of land is the largest allowed, that doesn't incurr any monthly 'Land Fees'. After discussion on site yesterday, we feel that probably the best way forward is to build a multistorey property, with each floor having a small number of 'Stores', which will be made available for very inexpensive rental, through eBid. Each Store, could be 'run' by an eBidder who is actually on SL, (and this doesn't require the Owner to be 'in world' very often once set-up, as most selling operations within SL are fully automated), or, for those who are not on SL, an area could be made available for monthly Rental, again very inexpensivly via eBid as BuyNow or Auctioned, enabling the Owner to have a virtual prescence within Second Life. These would be set up, on behalf of the Owners, by the eBid SL Group members, and could contain the Store Logo of the Owner's eBid Store. There would also be clickable Links, to the Owners eBid listings/Stores. Another floor, possibly the entrance hall, could be used for hosting events that are popular within SL, for example competitions and games with L$ prizes, dances, concerts etc., as well as Question and Answer sessions about eBid, and other attractions to motivate 'Residents' into coming along, both to Buy, and to see what eBid is about.

Lovetosell, Lottie2005 and I, all feel that this will be a great opportunity to advertise eBid, and our Stores and Listings for little outlay on the part of the Owner. The three of us had an experimental building session yesterday evening, and we feel that the whole project is very 'do-able'!

It's still comparativly early days for the Project, but things are coming together! If anyone else out there, would like to join us on SL in this project, in anyway (even if SL is completely new to you) - then please contact us. It's a lot of fun, trying to get to grips with the various aspects of SL, but we hope, sometime in the near future to have a 'virtual' eBid department store up-and-running, and bring in new Buyers (and maybe the odd new Seller too!)

Thought some of you may find this quite interesting, especially the 'Real Compaines are getting in on the act too, to sell products ranging from Mail-Order Chocolates to Villas on the Costa del Sol' part :-

All the best, Simon.

PS. Thanks 'Nosty. I'll put a list togather, and get back to you. Is it OK to add your Stores Links to the Notecard we give out on SL? Let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark; 5th September 2008 at 11:50 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FertileEarth View Post
    i just read the post how fun!!
    Hi FertileEarth!

Glad you are enjoying the thread! As Michaela says, this Project is a lots of fun, and Promotes eBid at the same time.

If you are on SL, and would like to join us for a quick informal meeting, just let one of us know your SL ID, and we'll meet up. (If you need any help in setting up a free SL account, just ask, and one of us will help out).

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    OK So I've finally rejoined second life

To save me scrolling through this long thread WHATS ever ones user names on Second Life!

My name is Eye Nostram (Red was already taken (:
    And how do I get an Ebid TShirt?
    Welcome aboard Nosty! (LOL! It was the photos of Wendy and Michaela pole dancing that swayed you, wasn't it? )

If you'd like your eBid Stores Links/details added to the SL Notecard we give out 'In-world', just me know. The more the merrier. It'll be Notecard V4.

OK, the SL eBid Group, is so far, as follows (a couple are not eBidders yet, but are interested):-

rupert691 / Ignatius Lytton
    Lovetosell / Zarin Nightfire
    Lottie2005 / Lottie2005 Anthony
    Ropegg / Cepas Frog
    Hypnotoad/ MishPish Munster
    OnlyTheVeryBest / Mistebid Ansome
    Barrattess / Tess Wezzog
    (Not yet eBid Member, but in the Group) / Sooozie Short
    (Not yet eBid Member, but in the Group) / Hiya Honi

When you're in-world, add these names to your 'Friends' list (maybe not the last two, until they join eBid), then we can contact you, and meet up.

I'll send your Avatar a Welcome Pack, which will include Notecard V3, and the much sought-after eBid T-shirt. (We can show you how you put this on, in world. Don't worry, we have a private 'changing room' ).

If you have any further questions, just let me know.

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon...
    The problem I have is I cannot get 'in world'...It crashes everytime???

Tess

Have a click...You know you want to...

Default SL in Computer Active.

In the latest addition of Computer Active Issue 257 there is an article on Virtual Worlds. There is quite a lengthy report on SL and step by step instructions for joining.

Although I follow the forum reports on SL I have not had the time to join up or look at it yet. Will try and get around to it soon although I will have less time after next month.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Hi Simon...
    The problem I have is I cannot get 'in world'...It crashes everytime???

Tess
    Hi Tess, Thanks for your determination! Much appreciated. Have you tried setting the 'Compatibility' Mode for SL to WIndows 95, silly though this may sound, this worked for me. Also there is a newer version of SL available, which may work better for you. Lottie managed to get on in the end, using her Laptop, even though her PC couldn't take SL for long periods.

I'll try and come up with some more ideas, and let you know, if I can come up with anything positive. Thanks for hanging in there.

Best wishes, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Hmmm It took me ages to log out and basically I can see potential there But not prepared to spend great amount of time setting up an Ebid store there!
    Hi Nosty, Thanks for dropping by earlier.

Sometimes SL is still loaded in memory, even after it shuts down. I have to open my TaskManager, and close it fully like that.

OK, as I said in my previous post, for those who can't get on SL, or don't want to, we will be setting up virtual Stores in the Mall for those who want a virtual prescence (ie advertising), available for inexpensive monthly rental, through BuyNow/Auctions on eBid. So you wouldn't need to do anything if you wanted to advertise in-world, just Rent a Store when we have sorted it all out, and send us a logo, details etc., and we can set it up for you, and mail you a SL photo when it's done.

In fact after you went, I bought a large* Mall which Zarin, Lottie and I experimented with. This looks very professional with glass panels etc.(*Well large isn't the word really! It looked about two miles long, and took me 30mins to take down afterwards!) Lots of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ugrow View Post
    In the latest addition of Computer Active Issue 257 there is an article on Virtual Worlds. There is quite a lengthy report on SL and step by step instructions for joining.

Although I follow the forum reports on SL I have not had the time to join up or look at it yet. Will try and get around to it soon although I will have less time after next month.
    Hi Ugrow!

Thanks for the info. I haven't seen it, but CrowlasCrafts mentioned it. Sounded interesting.

If you need any help to get in-world or have any others questions, just let us know.

We all felt tonight, that the Project is really taking off, and that we have progressed well. Things are moving faster now, and entering an exciting new phase.

Best wishes, Simon.

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon and Ropegg,
    Wendy and i spent a great deal of time editing in building this afternoon.It is coming along very well now.Will go back in later.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi Simon and Ropegg,
    Wendy and i spent a great deal of time editing in building this afternoon.It is coming along very well now.Will go back in later.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela
    Hi Lottie,

That's great! I've got a few more ideas, that I'd like to discuss 'in-world' with the 'Fantastic Four' LOL! I'll drop by a little later.

See you soon, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 3rd January 2008 at 06:10 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi SL Ebidders,
    Does anyone know how long SLs down for.Blinking eck ive got SL jitters.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela lottie 2005 Anthony.
    Last edited by lottie2005; 3rd January 2008 at 07:45 PM.

Thread Information