Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promoting Ebid to Ebay buyers

Smile Promoting Ebid to Ebay buyers

Hi all, this is my very first post on here so feel free to make me feel welcome

I recently had my Ebay sellers account suspended for listing an item of clothing from the manufacturer Henri Lloyd. Henri Lloyd (I'm not sure if it was him personally or one of his concubines) made a complaint that I was infringing their copyright. Well, cut a long story short... I'm not allowed to sell on Ebay now.

So what's my point..... My point is I'd like to bring my Ebay customers over to Ebid so they can buy from me again, only at cheaper prices. I've got all their e-mail addresses in my Hotmail/paypal folder and I'm thinking of shooting off the following e-mail to each and every one......

[ Hi,

I hope you and your family are well and in good health. Hopefully you remember the name ‘Half Price Designer Label Clothing’ or ‘HPDLC’. You bought an item of clothing from me on Ebay and it’s because of this that I’ve taken the liberty of telling you that I’m selling the same clothes and more at cheaper prices than what you may have seen on Ebay. Ebay’s excessive fees mean that sellers have to raise their prices to compensate. There is an alternative auction site that charges zero fees for sellers (we pay a cheap monthly flat rate subscription of £6.99 instead) which means we can pass our savings on to our customers by way of cheaper prices. The auction site is called Ebid and can be found HERE. It’s easy to register and only takes a matter of minutes.

If you’re interested in having a look at my items for sale, you can find my Ebid store HERE. I look forward to serving you once more.

Kind regards, HPDLC ]

I'd like to hear your views on this and if you think it's a good idea and if you're ex or even current Ebay sellers but would like your customers to pay you a visit here, then you have my full permission to copy/edit and use my e-mail letter as you see fit.

All the best, Franky

PS. Hyperlinks don't seem to work on this forum. Any idea if they'll be good to go on an e-mail?
    Last edited by Franky1932; 6th December 2007 at 09:08 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View thamuda's Feedback (+6)
    All-About thamuda
    View thamuda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ebay suspension

Hi,
    Ebay is getting mad, I hate it, it acts because there is no real competition. It seems that anyone who doesnt like your listing can report you and then without discussion you get an automated mail that you are suspended. The ebay fees are mad, listing fees are unbelievable especially if selling unpopular items. this site is excellent but obviously you cant sell as ebay. Good luck to all.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Franky, welcome to eBid. I just did a search on the other site for Henri Lloyd goods and found 880 listings, which I think may soon all disappear. According to http://www.henrilloydstore.com/brand_protection.asp it claims they don't have authorised distributors on auction sites and that if seen, these goods should be reported as they are almost certainly fakes. As an official stockist, then Henri Lloyd should be able to authenticate you as a bona fide trader
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Hi Franky, welcome to eBid. I just did a search on the other site for Henri Lloyd goods and found 880 listings, which I think may soon all disappear. According to http://www.henrilloydstore.com/brand_protection.asp it claims they don't have authorised distributors on auction sites and that if seen, these goods should be reported as they are almost certainly fakes. As an official stockist, then Henri Lloyd should be able to authenticate you as a bona fide trader
    Hi and thanks for the welcome. It's crazy because all I did was sell something which belongs to me as I'd paid for it and stated the simple fact that it's an item of clothing from Henri Lloyd. How can that be copyright infringement? The fact that ebay decided to suspend my account for it is ridiculous.... I've come over here and despite all the good feeling in the forum, traffic to my ebid store is minimal compared to what I was getting on ebay and unfortunately 'good feeling' doesn't put bread on the table.... or chips and pizza in the wife's case, which come to think of it might actually be a good thing as it could mean that she'll soon be able get through the kitchen door without getting stuck lol.

Regards, Franky

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

OUCH! Franky! Methinks if your wife sees this there will be no chance of ANY feeling when she finishes with you! ROFL

As for the other auction site, perhaps you should look at it more as a lucky escape. They maybe struck you off to keep you clear of the ones with the fakes whilst they close in on them!! Just a thought
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    OUCH! Franky! Methinks if your wife sees this there will be no chance of ANY feeling when she finishes with you! ROFL

As for the other auction site, perhaps you should look at it more as a lucky escape. They maybe struck you off to keep you clear of the ones with the fakes whilst they close in on them!! Just a thought
    Yeah I've got to keep half an eye on the door while I access the forum for sure.

As for lucky escape, I don't think so. I was suspended just because Henri Lloyd made a complaint. Nobody asked me if I had fakes or not. Actually, it's extremely unlikely that anybody is selling Henri Lloyd fakes. I don't know what the heck they're talking about on their website that you provided a link for. Just trying to increase the appeal of their products via cheap marketing psychological tricks in order to justify their rip off prices me thinks.

There are a hundred and one manufacturers of branded clothing out there and I sell products of many of them, yet no one else has a problem with their products being sold on Ebay. Henri Lloyd and Ebay are just taking the pee.
    Last edited by Franky1932; 6th December 2007 at 10:22 PM.

Your listing mentions a low feedback score, you may find it better to perhaps buy a few things to get your feedback started. I have some low cost prints
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

hi Frankie and welcome to ebid

good luck with your sales here -

Lisa :0)
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Your listing mentions a low feedback score, you may find it better to perhaps buy a few things to get your feedback started. I have some low cost prints
    Hi Ken, thanks for the offer. I've noticed that you've been a member for over a year, have 30 auctions running, yet your feedback is only 26..... Am I wasting my time here? I need to earn a living and selling on ebid, if I can be frank, seems to be more of a hobby than a means of earning some money for most people.

Where are all the buyers?????

Oh and bizarrebargains, thank you very much.... It seems I'm going to need more than luck lol.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Frank
    Welcome to EBID
    I'm a bit worried that it was Henry Llloyd themselves that made the complaint. As the brand owner they could make exactly the same complaint here on ebid and if they did, I can't see what else ebid could do ( to avoid litigation) but to suspend your listings.

You mentioned buyers. EBID cannot be compared with ebay, one is a multi million £ corporate monster of a machine, the other is a small company working on a limited budget. The advantages with ebid are you can set up and display your inventory in a cheap ( free if you have the right membership level) and easily maintained way. The disadvantages are that you need to do some self promotion to help customers old and new find you.
    Assuming you are able to list your Henry Lloyd items here, and if you list at least some of them as 'buy it now' listings, ebid will automatically submit those listings to google products on your behalf, If enough buyers are searching google for your product, then your business model may work here.

Have you emailed ebid support to get their view on the henry lloyd issue? support@ebid.tv

Thread Information