My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: hi I've just arrived

Question hi I've just arrived

Hi I've just set up my first eBid auctions and I just wanted to find out what happens next what is it like. Do you make a lot of sales is it busy . I ask because I have tried other auction sites before and I didn't have much success.I make handmade bespoke greeting cards and wedding stationary and am looking for places to sell it .I do not have a web site as I dont know enough about computers to try to set one up. I have just about managed to list some items on here I hope I have done it right any advice and tips would be gratefully received. I find all this quite scary sorry I should have said my name is Pauline and I live in scotland and I love to craft but it is so addictive that I need to sell some things so that I can make room for some more.
    help please
    pauline

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Pauline, Welcome to Ebid, There doesn't seem many people around at the moment, maybe they are all watching the telly.
    You will need a signature at the bottom of your posts so that people reading your post on the forums can look at your auctions.
    Like you I am not very good at this sort of thing but I have found a thread for you to look at that tells you how to do this,
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=94874.
    Hope your sales go well
    Sylvia
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Pauline. Welcome to EBID
    The first thing you can do is add a link to yourr forum signature so people can visit your auctions. I've coipied the link for you:

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

I notice you've chosen not to display gallery pictures of your cards. this may put you at a disadvantage against some of the other cards sellers here on ebid.

You've asked for advice and tips. Here's my top sixten tips for you

1. Complete your 'all about ' page with as much information about you as possible. people like to know who they are buying from.
    2. Use 'gallery' auctions rather than free so people can see your cards withiout having to click on the link
    3. Shorten your auction length to between 3 and 7 days. You have yours set up as 30 day auctions, which means anyone bidding would have to wait until after Xmas for the auction to finish!
    4. No need to set reserves on low value items
    5. Read through these forums for tips on how to take good photographs, I think yours are scans? and it's probably not doing your cards justice
    6. Read through the forums for writing up your listings, or consider using an auction template

Hope this helps. I know it's all new to you just now but you'll soon get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinespassions View Post
    Hi I've just set up my first eBid auctions and I just wanted to find out what happens next what is it like. Do you make a lot of sales is it busy . I ask because I have tried other auction sites before and I didn't have much success.I make handmade bespoke greeting cards and wedding stationary and am looking for places to sell it .I do not have a web site as I dont know enough about computers to try to set one up. I have just about managed to list some items on here I hope I have done it right any advice and tips would be gratefully received. I find all this quite scary sorry I should have said my name is Pauline and I live in scotland and I love to craft but it is so addictive that I need to sell some things so that I can make room for some more.
    help please
    pauline
    Hi Pauline and Welcome!

I agreed with HannaHolly they gallery photos are a great help and you don't pay for the cost of them until you sell!

I also sell cards and I have a couple of regulars here now, as well as the occasional buyer. I have sold more here than on e*ay though.

I do find that having a store here is a great asset, I can show all my stock in one place and then I use the URL address for my store to put onto business cards to give out to people or shops who are interested to see what I do. You then don't have to have the full range of cards made up all the time, as I usually make to order!

Have a good read of the forums here as there are some excellent threads on promoting your auctions.

Regarding web sites - Microsoft are offering free websites and free domain names! Check out this here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...spx?xid=c2logo I have used it to set up my own website, and I haven't any experience at web design at all. They do a lot for you so you just choose colours and layouts etc.

I hope you don't mind me giving you a suggestion, on your listings, the information you write is easier to read if you put in more paragraphs and slightly larger type.

I hope you will be successful. All the Best!

Thread Information