Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cyber Monday

Default Cyber Monday

Just a few thoughts...

Well, just as Black Friday is a consumerist frenzy of shopping and buying here in the U.S., so is the attention given to Cyber Monday. Whether you personally buy into it or not (I know, bad pun) there are a large enough population of buyers that do, and from a business perspective what matters is what the buyer perceives.

I know it's way too late to start a marketing campaign, but perhaps something could still be done in addition to the 1 pound auctions (those are just too expensive for us poor cousins across the pond to jump on the Cyber Monday bandwagon?

To be most successful I think any organized campaign like this or the 1 pound auctions, etc. really needs the support of eBid (Mark and Gazza) including front page and top of page banners, etc.

Anyway, as I said, just a few thoughts...
    Rick L. Vinyard, Jr.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi cyberpenguin, it's nice to see a few more thoughts on the boards.
    I was reading about Cyber Monday, wondered if anyone really knew what it was if they weren't already online? Really, we need anything to attract buyers. I'd love to try something like a cyber shopping day campaign, but I'm stuck in a vicious circle of being more a buyer than a seller, want to sell but don't know what to, see bargains whilst trying to work it out, buy the bargains (without being outbid) and then I'm back to square one LOL I tell you, we need to raise the cash to set up a really good online challenge and make this site part of the rules of play. Oh, yeah, now I come to think of it... we're already planning that one
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know the problems of the irresistable bargains myself Nykmedia. I regularly browse book-sales, jumble sales and charity shops; think "I've not read that" it loooks good then and buy it. The problem is now I have about 4 boxes of unread books to get through.

Would I be right in thinking that the Cyber Monday thing is similar to our SS2BM campaign of earlier this year. I hope there are plans to do that again, although I may struggle to find suitable alternative sites as T****r has become to expensive and the other place I would have used (Zolanta) seems to have ceased trading.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here's a link to cyber monday
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

With best Marlon Brando accent.... I'll make you an offer you can't refuse
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpenguin View Post
    Just a few thoughts...

Well, just as Black Friday is a consumerist frenzy of shopping and buying here in the U.S., so is the attention given to Cyber Monday. Whether you personally buy into it or not (I know, bad pun) there are a large enough population of buyers that do, and from a business perspective what matters is what the buyer perceives.

I know it's way too late to start a marketing campaign, but perhaps something could still be done in addition to the 1 pound auctions (those are just too expensive for us poor cousins across the pond to jump on the Cyber Monday bandwagon?

To be most successful I think any organized campaign like this or the 1 pound auctions, etc. really needs the support of eBid (Mark and Gazza) including front page and top of page banners, etc.

Anyway, as I said, just a few thoughts...
    I didn't see the 1NR (£1 or $1 or 1 EURO NO RESERVE) promotion as being restricted to the U.K. I hope that sellers in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Europe will join in as well. Just put 1NR in your auction listing title.

However, I totally agree with you that for the 1NR promotion to be successful, eBid needs to put a link on the front page to the 1NR promotion organized by the community. Don't know why they haven't done so so far - they probably have their reasons, but I just can't fathom what they might be!

FYI, another link for those not familiar with the Cyber Monday marketing term...

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6220430.html
    Rick L. Vinyard, Jr.

Thread Information