Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Need help knowing why all listing got kicked.

Question Need help knowing why all listing got kicked.

I was selling region 1 DVD’s and DVD players and surround sound systems and got all my listings removed because of infringement, they are not boot legs are copies of any sort they are all brand new sealed. Does anyone know why they would say that. Also in the link they sent to me in my e-mail was to a link to this site "www.fact-uk.org.uk"
    who are they and why would they say my listings are fake or boot legs when i get them from a dvd warehouse. Any help would be great full

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Mercsinc & a warm welcome to ebid.

FACT...is the Federation Against Copywrite Theft.

I'm no expert here, but perhaps an email to support with a copy of a warehouse receipt attached, ideally showing the product(s) that were removed.

Stabbing in the dark here i'm afraid (soz)

xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mercsinc View Post
    I was selling region 1 DVD’s and DVD players and surround sound systems and got all my listings removed because of infringement, they are not boot legs are copies of any sort they are all brand new sealed. Does anyone know why they would say that. Also in the link they sent to me in my e-mail was to a link to this site "www.fact-uk.org.uk"
    who are they and why would they say my listings are fake or boot legs when i get them from a dvd warehouse. Any help would be great full
    I'm not sure... does anybody know??

Angry

If they were imported from far east ie china or hongkong they will be kicked out because ebid won't tolerate asian version of these dvds,even they were bought from a local supplier and were sealed and brand new.

FACT is the Federation Against Copyright Theft
    If you read the FACT website, it tells you about selling Non-UK DVD's in the UK, eBid have to comply with this.

http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/site/about/faq.htm#16

[quote]
    Is it illegal to purchase region 1 DVDs? My DVD player can play DVDs from around the world. Can I play foreign DVDs?
    It is not illegal to purchase other region DVDs. If you go abroad on holiday or for business you are perfectly entitled to purchase other zone DVDs for your personal use, and watch them within the United Kingdom.[/quote]

What if I buy a DVD over the Internet?
    You are allowed to purchase overseas DVDs, as long as the trading company – the company you buy it from - does not carry out the transaction within the United Kingdom.
    For example, it is not an offence to access an American based website and purchase the product online, as long as the product is for your personal use, and is not re-sold within the UK. The point of sale therefore must not take place in the United Kingdom.
    What is the current legislation regarding the sale of foreign DVDs?
    This can be confusing. In a complex area, it is safe to say that the sale of foreign DVDs could be allowed, but the trader must ensure that the product complies with the guidelines as laid down by the British Board of Film Censorship (BBFC).
    The following passage is taken directly from the BBFC website www.bbfc.co.uk
    A foreign DVD offered for sale in the UK is likely to be illegal under the Video Recordings Act 1983 unless its content (including any additional material) has been classified by the BBFC.
    “ The DVD must also be labelled in accordance with Video Recordings (Labelling) Regulations 1985 & 1998 (including the unique registration number). You would also be advised to contact FACT to ensure that there are no copyright issues.”
    It is highly unlikely that a DVD title that has not had a United Kingdom release would comply with the above.
    In selling such a product, the trader would be infringing both the Video Recordings Act 1983, and the Video Recordings (Labelling) Regulations 1985.
    Can a foreign DVD that does not comply with the above be purchased in the United Kingdom?
    You are allowed to purchase overseas DVDs, as long as the trading company does not carry out the transaction within the United Kingdom.
    For example, it is not an offence to access an American based website and purchase the product online, as long as the product is for the your personal use, and is not re-sold within the UK.The point of sale therefore must not take place in the United Kingdom.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 4th January 2008 at 05:14 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by mercsinc View Post
    FACT is the Federation Against Copyright Theft
    If you read the FACT website, it tells you about selling Non-UK DVD's in the UK, eBid have to comply with this.

http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/site/about/faq.htm#16

Is it illegal to purchase region 1 DVDs? My DVD player can play DVDs from around the world. Can I play foreign DVDs?
    It is not illegal to purchase other region DVDs. If you go abroad on holiday or for business you are perfectly entitled to purchase other zone DVDs for your personal use, and watch them within the United Kingdom
    What if I buy a DVD over the Internet?
    You are allowed to purchase overseas DVDs, as long as the trading company – the company you buy it from - does not carry out the transaction within the United Kingdom.
    For example, it is not an offence to access an American based website and purchase the product online, as long as the product is for your personal use, and is not re-sold within the UK. The point of sale therefore must not take place in the United Kingdom.
    What is the current legislation regarding the sale of foreign DVDs?
    This can be confusing. In a complex area, it is safe to say that the sale of foreign DVDs could be allowed, but the trader must ensure that the product complies with the guidelines as laid down by the British Board of Film Censorship (BBFC).
    The following passage is taken directly from the BBFC website www.bbfc.co.uk
    A foreign DVD offered for sale in the UK is likely to be illegal under the Video Recordings Act 1983 unless its content (including any additional material) has been classified by the BBFC.
    “ The DVD must also be labelled in accordance with Video Recordings (Labelling) Regulations 1985 & 1998 (including the unique registration number). You would also be advised to contact FACT to ensure that there are no copyright issues.”
    It is highly unlikely that a DVD title that has not had a United Kingdom release would comply with the above.
    In selling such a product, the trader would be infringing both the Video Recordings Act 1983, and the Video Recordings (Labelling) Regulations 1985.
    Can a foreign DVD that does not comply with the above be purchased in the United Kingdom?
    You are allowed to purchase overseas DVDs, as long as the trading company does not carry out the transaction within the United Kingdom.
    For example, it is not an offence to access an American based website and purchase the product online, as long as the product is for the your personal use, and is not re-sold within the UK.The point of sale therefore must not take place in the United Kingdom.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information